recommendation for tour service in Livorno

glenbar

We cruised on Sept 1. Athens to Rome. In Livorno we booked a private tour through Gioia tour service.

Our driver Andreas was excellent. His English was perfect and his recommendations for our stop in Siena and San Gimignano were exactly what we wanted. He took us to the world's best gelatto shop and we had a cappucino break in a small village.

His driving did not strike fear in our hearts like some of the other drivers we had.

My husband left his glasses in the van. Andreas rushed back to the dock to return them to us. He did not have to do this.

If you want a great driver for your stop in Livorno I recommend Andreas with Gioia Tour Service.

We used a good travel service for Florence (Livorno) as well as Sorrento and Amalfi/Positano. Contact Jospehine at Italy Limousine. In Florence, our driver was really good, had a nice sense of humour and spoke English really well. He is training to be a sommelier. In Florence he took us into a wine shop and helped us choose some really good local wines that were reasonably priced. He was able to find us a great restaurant for lunch, even though it was a national holiday and almost every place was closed.

Jospehine was able to get a guide named Frank Rogers to spend a couple of hours with us in Florence. He is an American artist living in Florence and really made the city come alive. In retrospect, we should've paid to have Frank stay with us longer.

It was great and reasonably priced as well. When we ended up diverting to a different port, our guides were able to come pick us up at the new port. I have many more details if anyone is interested.

Hi Tiny Traveler,

We would love to know more about Florence and your day there. 8 of us will be sharing a tour with RomeinLimo and we can modify it to fit our preferences. There is some discussion about Pisa and whether we should take the time to visit that or just go to Florence and enjoy that city.

Any insight into "must sees" from anyone who has visited that region is greatly appreciated. We dock in Livorno at 8 AM and leave at 7 pm - NEXT MONTH :D

THANKS IN ADVANCE

We cruised on Sept 1. Athens to Rome. In Livorno we booked a private tour through Gioia tour service.

Our driver Andreas was excellent. His English was perfect and his recommendations for our stop in Siena and San Gimignano were exactly what we wanted. He took us to the world's best gelatto shop and we had a cappucino break in a small village.

His driving did not strike fear in our hearts like some of the other drivers we had.

My husband left his glasses in the van. Andreas rushed back to the dock to return them to us. He did not have to do this.

If you want a great driver for your stop in Livorno I recommend Andreas with Gioia Tour Service.

world's best gelatto shop? -- Name? Where? Directions? Thanks!!!

Hi Tiny Traveler,

We would love to know more about Florence and your day there. 8 of us will be sharing a tour with RomeinLimo and we can modify it to fit our preferences. There is some discussion about Pisa and whether we should take the time to visit that or just go to Florence and enjoy that city.

Any insight into "must sees" from anyone who has visited that region is greatly appreciated. We dock in Livorno at 8 AM and leave at 7 pm - NEXT MONTH :D

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Be happy to tell you more - I've written a review of our day in Florence/Pisa which I would gladly share along with all the contact details for Jospehine. Shall I e-mail them to you? It's a bit long to post on here.

Archived