Overnight price drop

LindaKE

They move pricing up & down all the time in response to forecast vs actual booking status. They are heavily discounting the 2008 Canada/New England cruises right now, presumably due to slower than desired bookings. They are probably just looking at where they are on 2009 bookings and figuring they can improve the booking volume with small price decreases now, and try to avoid a repeat of this year.

I got an email like that too. I already booked my trip through a TA a few months earlier. I suppose the price drop doesn't work for me...

Bah.. Maybe the upsell fairy will call me..;)

Hey Melt ~ It never hurts to ask. I've used a TA for our cruises, and sometimes when promotions pop up, your TA can get a better deal for you... Sometimes not.

Hey Melt ~ It never hurts to ask. I've used a TA for our cruises, and sometimes when promotions pop up, your TA can get a better deal for you... Sometimes not.

I agree. There was a "special" on our cruise which said for "new bookings only" but we still got the lower price when our TA called and asked.:)

There was a temporary price reduction today on our scheduled cruise in Feb on the Star, but went back up again in a few hours, we did the splurge today and went for an AE, with our regular TA, looked on line the prices dropped for BA's and AE's, but still got lower with our TA and now it seems all the AE's are gone, or so the NCL website says right now (maybe temporarily) we are happy we got ours!! Kind of like the Stock Market!

Archived