Ensenada: Grocery store near pier?

CoolChile

I need (want! :D ) Hellman's Mayo with Fresh Lime that I've only been able to get in Mexico. We'll have a 4 hr stop (4-8 pm) in Ensenada Oct. 7 and, as it's the only MX stop on our return to San Diego from Hawaii, I'm keen to pick it up if I can. Is there a grocery store within a reasonable distance from the pier? (If anyone reading this lives in or around Ensenada , would you be kind enough to sneak a peek and tell me if it's stocked there?)

Missing my Mexican mayo! :p

The shutle is probably the best bet. It is $2 outward to the town and $1 return. Gigante is barely a block from the drop off point. There is another Gigante about 7 blocks further. There is also a store called Climax which is part of a national chain. That is located approx 5 blocks from the drop off along the same street as the first Gigante. However sometimes that cruise itinerary you are doing includes Ensenada only as a fuel stop and you may or may not disembark. Furthermore I am not sure if shuttle buses will be operating for that particular ship due to just being a fuel stop. You can also walk to town which only takes about 10/15 mins to Gigante. It is perfectly safe as long as you do it in daylight hours.

Hope this helps.

Archived