What happened on the Norwegian Dawn

Zebby90210

A million small things can happen that would cause a return to port..

Medical

Passengers left on shore

crew left on shore

some supplies needed

etc etc etc

Also with the Dawns current itin it has plenty of time to make it from one port to another. This stuff happens once a week, all part of the norm!

It wasn't anything quiet that exotic. When he signed for the fuel the captain left the credit card on the counter. He simply was going back to get it. No different than if you drove away from the gas station and then realized you forgot your credit card.

I was on the Dawn, and they announced that we were returning to port, due to a medical emergency. We wound up about an hour late into Newport, and then left an hour later than scheduled so that we did not lose any port time.

"We wound up about an hour late into Newport, and then left an hour later than scheduled so that we did not lose any port time.'

I never was too good at math but if you are 60 minutes late and you only left 30 minutes late what happened to the other 30 minutes?

Seriously good hear that everything turned out okay.

Cheers

Dennis

"We wound up about an hour late into Newport, and then left an hour later than scheduled so that we did not lose any port time.'

I never was too good at math but if you are 60 minutes late and you only left 30 minutes late what happened to the other 30 minutes?

Seriously good hear that everything turned out okay.

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis, do you need new glasses.:D

PE

OK everyone, here's the scoop. Just returned from the Dawn (the one that everyone is talking about). It was no big deal. The ship had to turn around and go back to Boston because of a passenger's medical condition. I heard it was prob. a broken hip. When we returned to Boston Harbor, there were ambulances and fire truck, and they were in no rush, and the man was not given oxygen, so I do not believe it was very serious, life or death situation. We arrived 2 hours late for Newport and stayed one hour later. Our ports of call itinerary was not changed. We arrived back in NY on time.

"do you need new glasses"

John - they are only six months old - probably a little more sleep and a little less booze after the dinner dance cruise last night - slight hangover this morning

Now that I have sobered up some and re-read the post you are correct but then I see this post:

We arrived 2 hours late for Newport and stayed one hour later.

So it appears that the port visit was shorten - anyways time to get back to Sunday night football - hope that Green Bay can overcome the 13- 9 score

Cheers

Dennis

I think this thread is a perfect summation of how inaccurate the information on this board as well as any other board can be. We have actual reports of people who were on board.

The ship arrived one hour late and left one hour late.

The ship arrived two hours late and left one hour late.

A person passed out at the buffet - possible heart attack.

A broken hip - no big deal, didn't need oxygen.

When we were on the Aloha a woman had an "issue" while at the buffet. A couple of people came out and said that a woman had just died. Later we heard the woman had some kind of seizure and was still onboard. The only thing I know is that particular night we didn't return to port so I assume she was fine.

Jeez cruizinwithkids you're the first one that posted the ship left 2 hours late! That's how rumors start. Sounds like you've had you're share of unexpected stops. Remind me not to cruise with you. When's your next trip?

It must have been the shock of eating so much food just after boarding! You've seen those types with the heaping plates of food just cause "it's there"!

The Dawn also left the pier out of NYC before the Spirit on 9/14. Yet we passed the Dawn in route to open sea. The Spirit isn't even sailing full speed. What happened then?

Note: The Dawn did eventually catch up to us and pass us by.

Hmm..I thought we watched the Carnival go out, then the Dawn, then us. We commented on it to a crew member, since we wondered if we were 'chopped' liver to be last. I was pretty tired..so maybe I missed them going first and waiting for us to pass. We are going on the Dawn in Nov so I thought we kept a pretty good eye on her.

Then another ship came from the river (east river, I thought he said on the left) on the left, and butted in front of us. The crew mentioned the name, but it wasn't familiar. I wondered if it was the Princess.

The Dawn also left the pier out of NYC before the Spirit on 9/14. Yet we passed the Dawn in route to open sea. The Spirit isn't even sailing full speed. What happened then?

Note: The Dawn did eventually catch up to us and pass us by.

an 82 year old man collapesedin the buffet area.within 10 minutes the md.was therecrew put him in wheelchair,within 15 minutes captianmade announcement we were retuning to boston.medical emergency.police and ambulance were there about 20 minutes passengerwas taken off with his luggageto the hospitol

Hmm..I thought we watched the Carnival go out, then the Dawn, then us. We commented on it to a crew member, since we wondered if we were 'chopped' liver to be last. I was pretty tired..so maybe I missed them going first and waiting for us to pass. We are going on the Dawn in Nov so I thought we kept a pretty good eye on her.

Then another ship came from the river (east river, I thought he said on the left) on the left, and butted in front of us. The crew mentioned the name, but it wasn't familiar. I wondered if it was the Princess.

The Caribbean Princess was in Red Hook yesterday....

There were numerous ships leaving NYC in the afternoon of 9/14, but my question only regards the Dawn and the Spirit. The Dawn left before us (Spirit), yet the Spirit ended up passing the Dawn (can't remember if it was before or after the Verranzano or not). Then once at sea, the Dawn caught up and passed the Spirit. I thought that was odd, which is why I asked.

100_0163.jpg

I'm talking about the 14th..isn't Red Hook the port where the ships come out of the left, when we are going up the Hudson? The Bronx, right? We have friends that were on her yesterday, which is what made me think it was the Princess that butted in front of us (the Spirit) last Sunday.

The Caribbean Princess was in Red Hook yesterday....

I'm talking about the 14th..isn't Red Hook the port where the ships come out of the left, when we are going up the Hudson? The Bronx, right? We have friends that were on her yesterday, which is what made me think it was the Princess that butted in front of us (the Spirit) last Sunday.

It was definitely a Princess ship coming out of Red Hook that butted in front of us. We were watching on the port side of the Promenade deck.

I wonder if Princess caused the Dawn to "pull over".

Archived