Formal Night on Freestyle?

barbl123

We had 1 'dress-up or not' night on our 12 night cruise which coincided with the Monte Carlo night. Some did, some didn't so it is your choice.

It is less prescriptive than other lines.

On other nights Tsars (N Jewel) seems to be the designated as the dressier place but this really just means 'at least presentable'.

Aside from Tsars people dressed according to their own taste and plans for the evening.

Take what you feel comfortable with - what you would normally wear when dining out or going out to a show, bars.

The formal nights are called dress up (or not) nights. There are in all of the restaurants, not just the specialty ones and are totally and 100% optional. If you're not dressed up at all, they will still let you in the dining rooms. Hope this helps & have fun! :)

On our Majesty cruises, they specify one of the main dining rooms for those who'd like to dress up. I think that's nice, so you can be with others who want to be more formal. I do notice many, many folks choose to really get decked out. If you don't want to, that's fine too.

On our Majesty cruises, they specify one of the main dining rooms for those who'd like to dress up. I think that's nice, so you can be with others who want to be more formal. I do notice many, many folks choose to really get decked out. If you don't want to, that's fine too.

Really, I hadn't heard that about any NCL ship designating one dining room for formal only in over 2 years. Is this a new thing that has occured?

On the other NCL ships, you will find that about 50% of the passengers will dress up and that will range from tuxes down to shirt/tie. The other 50% will be in resort casual. (polo shirts, kahki pants, tennis shoes or sandals). Jeans are allowed in all restaurants with the exception of one of the two main restauarants. Shorts and tank tops are allowed only in the buffet and Blue Lagoon (on ships that have that restaurant.).

Whichever way you choose to dress, you won't be out of place. That is the joy of Freestyle Cruising, the ability to dress as YOU choose and to dine WHEN you want.

Have fun.

Really, I hadn't heard that about any NCL ship designating one dining room for formal only in over 2 years. Is this a new thing that has occured?

No, not a new thing. You're probably right about it being 2 years ago. I can't remember our January '08 dress up night at all, so it may have been a pretty low keel event. I do remember it in '07 where they had 4 Seasons as the restaurant you'd go to, but that was just a suggestion. You could still go to 4 Seasons if you weren't dressed up.

Thanks for setting me straight! :p

Archived