Next C.C.P.I.C.S. class?

pierces

Suggestions?

My thoughts:

Close up!

Macro, near-macro and isolated abstract shots of the small details that we miss as we walk by. (Nice shot of the building, but what about the carving on the doors?)

Image storage and organization

An article on storage and method options with members sharing their success/warnings.

Point of view and perspective

Photographing a subject from multiple points of view and unusual perspectives to avoid the "tourist" shot.

Making the best of bad light

Face it, we get the homely part of the day on most cruise tours. How to get the most out of bright, mid-day lighting.

Feel free to chime in.

Dave

Those are all excellent topics.

Since the vast majority of people are shooting digital, how about photo editing using a consumer level photo editing application like Picassa or Photoshop Elements.

Then there is always Underwater Photography.......

It does seem like there is a lot of discussion here about image editing and storage. That subject would probably benefit many people, however, my vote would go for unique perspective. Some of Dave's shots of a simple coffee cup or the colorful hats have been inspiring. (Give me something to do while my wife shops on our next cruise.):D

Since the vast majority of people are shooting digital, how about photo editing using a consumer level photo editing application like Picassa or Photoshop Elements.

You're doing that class! :D

Dave

I would like the chance to do any of the suggested topics, although there is not much call for underwater shots from me.

I think most people would benefit from techniques and then "play" with the editing software as this is the best way to learn and the tutorials are pretty good.

Just my thoughts:)

Bruce,

I'm with you. I think we should get Dave certified and have him do an underwater photography class. lol. I mean he lives in California. The ocean is so close. lol. I'm tired of divers that don't really understand photography doing the class. You need someone that does both.

Come on Dave..... I'll be your buddy.........:D

I would vote also for the perspective class. Its something I enjoy and the wife just stands by and waits! Also close ups would be good. Earlier this month I was shooting bees on some flowers to check out one of my lens.

So I will wait

Looking forward to the next class, it should yield some interesting assignment postings.

Tip: Create a CC poll the next time you query for class topics. Folks can still post comments when they vote, but we can see the tally as the poll progresses.

Archived