Where do cruiser's stay in Miami?

Goulaigan

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown near Dodge Island, where the pier is. Plenty to do there. Exactly just across the street is Bayside, a complex with shops, restaurants, local water tours, live music, etc. Additional shopping is available nearby. American Airline Arena is two blocks away (sports, shows, etc.).

It is not a five star glitzy first class hotel. But clean, comfy, the staff was very nice and helpful . . . just what you need for a day or two pre-cruise. They have a small restaurant on the property. Request a room higher up with a water view. When you wake up the morning of your cruise you will sea the ships in the harbor, outside of your window.

From the airport, just grab a cab. It is not a very long ride to the HI.

We will go there again, next time we sail outta MIA.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/

Rick and Deirdra

PS:

Coming from northern Ontario, you are not expected to be an expert on Florida geography. Miami is not on the Gulf coast. You will get more info on "East coast ports". Have a great cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

:oOOPS. The only board options for home ports were East, Gulf and West. My first choice was East but did not see Miami on the list....Thanks for the Holiday Inn recommendation. I will book tonight!

I can never relax until flights and accommodations are booked.

Thanks for the link in your previous thread.

The hotel is exactly the kind of spot we wanted......Now I can relax!

Noticed you are from DC....... We just came back from a vacation there. We stayed in Pentagon City and had a great week! Wandered around the Smithsonian's, National Mall etc. You may have noticed us, we were the couple with the cameras around our neck riding the rented segways. :rolleyes:

HA HA

Thanks Again!

PS the segways really are a blast!:D

Archived