Opinions Please, RCI's Radiance NB VS. Celebrity's Milenium SB

B&J1

We're going to do our first AK cruise 6/19/08. Which boat do u recommed, Radiance or Melinium? We plan on doing our own land "stuff" before or after cruise depending on which u guys recommend. (Haven't cruised X before but have RCI) Thx gang!! :)

We're going to do our first AK cruise 6/19/08. Which boat do u recommed, Radiance or Melinium? We plan on doing our own land "stuff" before or after cruise depending on which u guys recommend. (Haven't cruised X before but have RCI) Thx gang!! :)

It would be helpful if you posted the itinerary of each. With Alaska, for many people, it is more about the itinerary than it is about the ship. For us, the ship on our Alaska cruise, was simply a mode of transportation. We used none of the amenities as we were either sleeping in our cabin or out and about on the ship enjoying the beautiful and never ending scenery.

oops....ok thx here r the itineraries :)

Millenium

ITINERARY

redline.gif

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART FriJun19Anchorage (Seward), AK 9:00pmSatJun20Hubbard Glacier, AK (Cruising)2:00pm6:00pmSunJun21Juneau, AK 8:00am9:00pmMonJun22Skagway, AK 7:00am8:30pmTueJun23Icy Strait Point, AK 7:00am4:00pmWedJun24Ketchikan, AK 9:00am6:00pmThuJun25Inside Passage (Cruising)FriJun26Vancouver, BC, Canada 7:00am

Radiance

ITINERARY

redline.gif

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART FriJun19Vancouver, BC, Canada 5:00pmSatJun20Inside Passage (Cruising)SunJun21Ketchikan, AK 7:00am3:00pmMonJun22Juneau, AK 8:00am9:00pmTueJun23Skagway, AK 7:00am8:30pmWedJun24Icy Strait Point, AK 7:00am5:00pmThuJun25Hubbard Glacier, AK (Cruising)7:00am11:00amFriJun26Anchorage (Seward), AK 3:00am

I've cruised to Alaska on Radiance, and will be doing it again next year on Millennium. I've been on Millennium before, but not to Alaska. I like both ships, but feel the Radiance class is the most beautiful ship I've been on. However, I prefer the ambience of X more than that of RCCL. You won't go wrong with either.

Since the itineraries are almost identical, I think it comes down to whether you like all the bells and whistles of RCCL (rock-climbing wall, a lot of physical activities on board, etc.), or what I consider the more sophisticated ambience of X (fewer p.a. announcements, etc.). If it's a toss-up, check prices.

Archived