St Lucia on the cheep

Beckaroous

I have read several threads and am aware of Serenity, Cosol, Paradice, Herods, Spencer Ambrose, and several others and they seem to all be charging about $50 per person which is too steep for a regular tour. 

We are traveling on Carnival Victory and are planning the following "Excusions" in each port

St Thomas - Sunny Liston - $25pp

Barbados - The Boatyard - around $20pp for the day

Dominica - Hire a local cab driver for the day for around $20pp

Antigua - Gordon - $30pp

St Kitts - Relax at South Friget Beach - $8 cab ride

As you can see we have managed to keep each island pretty cheep. However no one seems to have posted any "affordable" ideas in St. Lucia. We have thought about leaving the kids traveling with us in Camp Carnival and doing something on our own but we are compleatly lost. Does anyone have any ideas?:confused: We love snorkling, the beach, island tours, kyaking, sailing, and more.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]

After paying $50 per person on Cosol's tour, we thought we had a great bargain. Cosol Tours provided what was, without a doubt, the best general island tour I have ever taken.

Don't let price be your only guide. You get what you pay for and even more on Cosol's tour. We enjoyed it so much, we're going again in January!

Eric

Wow, I am impressed with your ability to keep the price of excursions down! We are doing a 14 day with 12 ports in Dec. I am thinking that it would be good to do it on your budget! More $$ for shopping!:D Good job!

we cruise a lot and my best friend is a single mom so we know how to save money. If you need any advice on any ports feel free to email me We usaly have options in most ports under $30!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Barbados - I would not go to the Boatyard - went there a few years ago and didn't think it was very nice. VERY busy, lots of jet skies etc. Not a pieceful place to be sure. I hadn't been to Barbados in years but at that time we had gone to a hotel beach I believe and it was beautiful. The Boatyard was recommended by our cabin steward. I don't recall paying anything unless we had to rent chairs.

When we were on the Emerald Princess last February, we found Castries, St. Lucia to be a memorable port, and not typical of the tourist-oriented ports of the Caribbean. It was slightly urban, with several office builidings. The local citizens were going about their daily routine of work, shopping and school. The Catholic Cathedral was very unique, with a bright and colorful interior. The city market had a special aroma and ambience. We also felt pretty safe, and we stayed within about 10 city blocks from the ship.

We have been to numerous Caribbean ports, and Castries was a special place that gave us a pleasant impression. It is worth exploring.

DavidnSteph

Barbados - I would not go to the Boatyard - went there a few years ago and didn't think it was very nice. VERY busy, lots of jet skies etc. Not a pieceful place to be sure. I hadn't been to Barbados in years but at that time we had gone to a hotel beach I believe and it was beautiful. The Boatyard was recommended by our cabin steward. I don't recall paying anything unless we had to rent chairs.

I will say we do normally head over to the Coconut Court in Christ Church and use their beach and bar for the day. The Snorkeling there is good and the people are great!!!! The reason we choose The Boat Yard is because we are traveling with a 6 year old and he would be more likely to find a friend there and get a kick out of the water trampoline.

We have been to Barbados for a week and twice on cruses and This will be our first trip to The Boat Yard as we are usually looking for that P&Q to go with our R&R

• 2 weeks later...
we cruise a lot and my best friend is a single mom so we know how to save money. If you need any advice on any ports feel free to email me We usaly have options in most ports under $30!!!

Hi Beckaroous:

My DH and I are very interested in your experience finding thrifty tours. It seems that our tours have just gone up by more that 20% - (American dollar up-Canadian dollar down) so we have an extra reason to look long and hard for those golden gems! We are quite adventuresome and enjoy all sorts of active tours.

We are traveling to Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, and Tortolla. If you would like to e-mail me I am at dikearns@hotmail.com

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Beckaroous:

My DH and I are very interested in your experience finding thrifty tours. It seems that our tours have just gone up by more that 20% - (American dollar up-Canadian dollar down) so we have an extra reason to look long and hard for those golden gems! We are quite adventuresome and enjoy all sorts of active tours.

We are traveling to Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, and Tortolla. If you would like to e-mail me I am at dikearns@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Me too! I am going to all the same ports as above. Would you please e-mail me at msgvs@rogers.com.

Much appreciated!!

Archived