NCL Coupon Book

Warm Breezes

Myslef,

Since you know so much about the management structure of NCL's reservations department, are you in the AZ office or the Broward County reservations office? Are you a PCC?

None of the above! I think it is logical to know that the proper chain of command would not have a front line person (PCC) go to a VP for verification for a coupon book as was reported on this board. They would be jumping the chain of command and most companies really frown on this.

None of the above! I think it is logical to know that the proper chain of command would not have a front line person (PCC) go to a VP for verification for a coupon book as was reported on this board. They would be jumping the chain of command and most companies really frown on this.

Ah...an assumption. So you've never asked your boss's boss a question.

Do you really think NCL's offices are that big that the VP couldn't be regularly present and available to PCCs? Seems to me that the VP could be only one level above the supervisors...hardly a huge jump in the chain of command.

Sort of off topic, but I've been wondering if PCCs are like travel agents? Do they receive commissions for bookings made, or are they salaried. Reason I ask is because I wouldn't mind making an initial booking directly with NCL through one of their PCCs so that I could have direct access for any changes down the road. I like handling my own arrangements. However, later, when it comes final payment time, I'd prefer to turn over to a travel agent to get the lower pricing and/or perks that I assume a PCC can't offer (I got much higher quotes from the PCCs than travel agents for my upcoming cruise). I've done this in the past with other cruise lines and it works great, however I'm dealing with traditional call centers where it's no skin off a phone agent's back to turn the booking over to a TA. Does it work the same with NCL PCCs?

If I understand it correctly, the PCC does get compensated based on their sales...but they are just as likely (if not more so) to help with rate drops, OBCs and upgrades.

Ah...an assumption. So you've never asked your boss's boss a question.

Do you really think NCL's offices are that big that the VP couldn't be regularly present and available to PCCs? Seems to me that the VP could be only one level above the supervisors...hardly a huge jump in the chain of command.

I work within the proper chain of command. In most cases, it is not appropriate for me to go over my boss’s head to their boss. There are very few exceptions where I have had to, i.e. boss on vacation or I am being contacted directly from my boss’s boss. I do work within the industry so I do have experience with the hierarchy of a large travel company. The example given where the PCC would ask the VP directly would have jumped over three to four levels, minimum. That is frowned on in most organizations. NCL is the third largest cruise line so they are “that big” to have several layers on their organizational chart to go from a PCC to a VP.

I work within the proper chain of command. In most cases, it is not appropriate for me to go over my boss’s head to their boss. There are very few exceptions where I have had to, i.e. boss on vacation or I am being contacted directly from my boss’s boss. I do work within the industry so I do have experience with the hierarchy of a large travel company. The example given where the PCC would ask the VP directly would have jumped over three to four levels, minimum. That is frowned on in most organizations. NCL is the third largest cruise line so they are “that big” to have several layers on their organizational chart to go from a PCC to a VP.

So you don't really know, you are assuming that it is the way you think it is.

I work in the travel industry as well, and I have access to a VP, a member of the BoD and the CEO through various means. I ask all of the above questions and receive answers regularly. I am not saying that you are wrong with your info, but you haven't convinced me you are correct either.

FWIW, the coupon booklets I've received from my TA were different than the ones the cruiseline gives to their loyalty club members. I've only cruised four times and hit three different lines. I will be trying NCL in January. Sometimes our TA will give us a booklet of coupons (most of which we don't use except maybe one for laundry discount or internet) even when it's our first cruise on that line.

And my experience working in a semi-large company (18,000 employees, all in OK), I have access to my VP and have been known to use it but only for things I think he is uniquely qualified to answer (though we do share personal opinions on cruising, travel in general, and camera equipment). There have been times I have asked my boss, and she told me to jump our director and go to our VP directly (she didn't act as a go-between). So I can see it could go both ways on involving a VP.

So you don't really know, you are assuming that it is the way you think it is.

I work in the travel industry as well, and I have access to a VP, a member of the BoD and the CEO through various means. I ask all of the above questions and receive answers regularly. I am not saying that you are wrong with your info, but you haven't convinced me you are correct either.

Last post on this banter: Yes I do know, I am not assuming. I am also sticking to my original post that started this question. NCL will not be printing coupon books for 09. Done with this board.

We're Latitude members, in minisuite on the Jade next month. how can we make sure we get a coupon book? (There seem to be a fair number of ones we'd use)....

Booked through Vacationtogo.... they have been wonderful- or at least OUR agent- over the course of many, many cruises (e.g. arranging for one of us to get prior approval to disembark early, treats in room)... is it THEM I'd go to for book, or write latitudes email?

Thanks

We're Latitude members, in minisuite on the Jade next month. how can we make sure we get a coupon book? (There seem to be a fair number of ones we'd use)....

Booked through Vacationtogo.... they have been wonderful- or at least OUR agent- over the course of many, many cruises (e.g. arranging for one of us to get prior approval to disembark early, treats in room)... is it THEM I'd go to for book, or write latitudes email?

Thanks

Yes, you should go back to Vaction To Go and make the request.

Just an fyi, I just got off the phone with my TA making my May 09 reservation on the Spirit from Boston to Bermuda. I am so excited. She is going to mail me out my coupon book as soon as my deposit clears. I got a fabulous deal after competing with other agencies for a BD cabin. I did not get the usual shipboard credit but the price more than made up for it. I will keep you all posted as soon as my coupon book arrives.

Archived