If cruise price drops but air goes up

CLEMM

If the price of the cruise drops, but the cost of the Celebrity air add on goes up, does that mean you shouldn't ask for the reduced price because the "rebooking" will result is higher air fare, or will they honor the previous air price and reduce your cruise price? As it is now the cruise price dropped less than the air add on went up, and I got a really good deal on the air so I know I can't beat it on my own. I'm thinking that since I am still lower than what a new booking is I should leave it alone, but maybe someone on the boards has experience with this situation.

I don't know the answer to your question but it doesn't hurt to ask about the price reduction for the cruise. I'm sure they wouldn't lower the cruise price and raise the air without telling you. Air on our next curise has gone up but if the curise price goes down I'll be calling.

Mary Lou.

I am not sure but it is a price reduction I think you will be OK. If you are going to change your room category you will have to check with custom air first. If you want to change to a guarantee you will have to give up your cruise air. Either way give them a call and they will tell you your options.

Shak

We received a price reduction after booking our Azamara cruise, without it affecting the air price. The air was a promotional price (we also did air deviation) and I too wondered about the whole price structure changing if we requested the lower cruise price ... but luckily our air price remained the same and our cruise price was reduced.

We just did this for our Summit cruise next year. The cost of our cabin dropped $1000. When I called my TA see called X to have it applied. It seems we had a promotiona air with our booking and when the price changed the promotional air went away. The air is now $600 higher. Still saving $400. I was and am still hoping to do better on ethe air myself, either using miles or getting upgrades. Since airfares aren't out yet for my cruise I kept X's.

If the price of the cruise drops, but the cost of the Celebrity air add on goes up, does that mean you shouldn't ask for the reduced price because the "rebooking" will result is higher air fare, or will they honor the previous air price and reduce your cruise price? As it is now the cruise price dropped less than the air add on went up, and I got a really good deal on the air so I know I can't beat it on my own. I'm thinking that since I am still lower than what a new booking is I should leave it alone, but maybe someone on the boards has experience with this situation.

Our TA called about the "Guarantee" booking ...and we were told that with cruise air we could NOT have a the cheaper guarantee and keep the VERY low airfare,($1200pp to NZ/Aust). SOOO perhaps you could not also. If it was just a price drop perhaps you could. (Airfare tho is now wait-listed on our cruise, and listed as almost twice what we're paying, if you COULD get it!)

Why don't you call Celebrity instead of depending on our guesses and experiences. You will get a more definite and dependable answer. ;)

No, my TA said if I rebooked the air would go up as well so it was cheaper to leave the booking alone. I hope she is right because if I find out differently someday I will be really upset. If anyone has succesfully accomplished this I would be interested to know.

No, my TA said if I rebooked the air would go up as well so it was cheaper to leave the booking alone. I hope she is right because if I find out differently someday I will be really upset. If anyone has succesfully accomplished this I would be interested to know.

Hi Clemm :)

Did your TA actually call Celebrity to find out that information or is she basing it on her knowledge of how they have done things in the past?

If it is the latter I would be skeptical of accepting her opinion without any research. Keep in mind that the TA's commission is based on the cruise fare, so it will be reduced if you get that lower rate.

Even though Celebrity won't deal with you directly if you booked your cruise through a TA, they will answer general questions, such as their policy on a situation, if you call them. For the past few years I have booked all our cruises directly through the cruise line, but when I did use a TA and called Celebrity to inquire about a policy that I questioned, I frequently discovered that a TA had given me incorrect information.

Our TA called about the "Guarantee" booking ...and we were told that with cruise air we could NOT have a the cheaper guarantee and keep the VERY low airfare' date='($1200pp to NZ/Aust). SOOO perhaps you could not also. If it was just a price drop perhaps you could. (Airfare tho is now wait-listed on our cruise, and listed as almost twice what we're paying, if you COULD get it!)[/quote']

We are going b2b2b starting in Sydney in Mar 09 and got our air about 2 mths ago: $730 pp from CA. I know this is an unbelievable airfare but both TA and I found it independently of one another. Check web-based airfare clearing houses (you might be very surprised).

I've found that almost always, we can do better with the air if we arrange our own. I never book so that we arrive the day of departure, but always at least a day in advance. We just booked our return air for the TA on the Constellation next April. Ended up booking a r/t to MIA and will toss the return. It was considerably cheaper ($600) than a one-way and also what we would have pd. to X for their air. Because we're staying 3 extra nights in London, we would also have to pay the non-refundable deviation fee. Not to mention the control you have over the airline and the itinerary when you book your own.

We are going b2b2b starting in Sydney in Mar 09 and got our air about 2 mths ago: $730 pp from CA. I know this is an unbelievable airfare but both TA and I found it independently of one another. Check web-based airfare clearing houses (you might be very surprised).

Ours is from O'hare and would be at least $300 more. I have been doing all the web based sites....3000+ is the average...remember that we need an "open Jaws" type...to Auckland/ from Sydney...yours must be just standard RT. Even so never saw any airfare for that sort of price...I tried doing each leg separately etc etc etc !!!:rolleyes:

Archived