Past due on final payment - houston ?

mbardsley

This whole hurricane Ike thing really put a monkey wrench in the whole deal. We like to book with a deposit, then make the final payment, well ours was due when the day after Ike hit. I placed a call to carnival, but customer service could not give me a direct answer, just said what till the other department calls requesting the final payment, lol. We were due on the 16th, and had to use all thoose funds, and more just to get through this period, especially considering our bank is still not even operating(local bank). even my paycheck had to be reissued, and wont be in town till the 26th. I tried to talk to someone, and get a firm answer, can you wait till the 27th. I just wish I could find someone to talk to at carnival, and get a answer, we want to go, and dont want to lose the deposit, but even our bank wont be operating till mid week. Anyone got a good idea?

This whole hurricane Ike thing really put a monkey wrench in the whole deal. We like to book with a deposit, then make the final payment, well ours was due when the day after Ike hit. I placed a call to carnival, but customer service could not give me a direct answer, just said what till the other department calls requesting the final payment, lol. We were due on the 16th, and had to use all thoose funds, and more just to get through this period, especially considering our bank is still not even operating(local bank). even my paycheck had to be reissued, and wont be in town till the 26th. I tried to talk to someone, and get a firm answer, can you wait till the 27th. I just wish I could find someone to talk to at carnival, and get a answer, we want to go, and dont want to lose the deposit, but even our bank wont be operating till mid week. Anyone got a good idea?

This should be an issue that your TA or PVP can handle.

If you used a TA, then the TA will have to deal with Carnival.

If you used a PVP then they should handle this for you.

Is there a credit card that you could put this on until your bank reopens?

If you don't have a TA or a PVP (perhaps you booked online with Carnival)...then I would get a PVP. I wish Cruise Critic would allow us to share names...but they don't. Just call and get your cruise transferred to a PVP and see if they can assist you.

Good luck....and may your recovery be swift!!

I am sorry you are going through this!>> Try calling guest relations...

Good Luck:)

We are the extremly lucky folks in houston though, are area suffered light damage, mostly roofs, fences. For us, it was the next day, after the roofs being torn up, we had torential thunderstorms the next morning. 3-4 feet of water in the street, and good chunk of water flowing through the roof. But we got power in 8 hours, able to start rebuilding.

Surely Carnival will be willing to work with you. If not, shame on them!

I agree, this is something that was beyond your control, maybe they will extend your final payment date for you. You would think they understand being in a hurricane area themselves.

Good luck to you. Carnival should definitely work with you on this. I'd call the person who booked this for you, whether a TA or PVP. They should be able to take care of it.

I'm terribly sorry for all you've gone through. Ike was an awful storm and my heart goes out to everyone in his path.

I would hope also that Carnival would help you out here. I know sometimes in dealing with PVP's and CSR's, they have to "follow the rules" and can't think outside the box. That is when you ask for a supervisor, or write an email. Stay calm, but be persistant. Usually just takes talking to the right person. Good luck, and keep us up to date on what happens.

We are on the same cruise and our friend is also. He called his PVP on Wednesday or Thursday and explained that he wasn't able to get through on the 15th or whenever his payment was due and she said she understood, they had been very busy themselves with the rerouting and cancelling of cruises out of Galveston. She took his payment over the phone and said it was no big deal - they understood. I am sure your PVP will help you with this problem also. They KNOW what we have been through here! I have heard of instances where they have given a grace period on final payment. They don't want to cancel the cruise anymore than you do! Fortunately, I had booked with a TA and gave her my card # on the 8th and it was taken care of shortly before Ike hit. Otherwise I am afraid I would have totally forgotten about it with all the other stuff this past week! :o

We drove with friends in their old beat up pick up truck that he didn't care if it got damaged. We did not park at the port. Parked at some condos a few streets back from the sea wall. Will report later how much damage when we can get down there to get the truck.

We had a great time. Better being on the ship than home with no power!:p

Archived