Snorkeling in Cozumel

chicklily41

We will be on a cruise to Cozumel in October and LOVE snorkeling. Are there any beaches that are easy to get to that have a good snorkeling spot? Or is there a Carnival excursion that includes great snorkeling? I remember reading a while ago that the reefs in Cozumel were damaged in a hurricane. Is it worth snorkeling in Cozumel? Or should we opt for a beach day instead? Thanks!

We will be on a cruise to Cozumel in October and LOVE snorkeling. Are there any beaches that are easy to get to that have a good snorkeling spot? Or is there a Carnival excursion that includes great snorkeling? I remember reading a while ago that the reefs in Cozumel were damaged in a hurricane. Is it worth snorkeling in Cozumel? Or should we opt for a beach day instead? Thanks!

I love snorkeling too! Palancar Beach & Palancar reef are awesome, we took a 20 min? ride to a resort on Palancar beach. From there a boat takes you on a short ride to the reefs. I Can't remember the name of the place but it was great, shade, great guacamole! & cocktails. They made awesome kiddie cocktails for my 2 girls. The snorkeling was great & my kids loved it. Very nice people! The uncrowded beach is full of shells. I would go back tomorrow!

Snorkel Dawg is probably talking about Playa Palancar. Nice place with plenty of hammocks and lounge chairs, decent food, cold drinks and is a $20 taxi ride. They offer a boat trip out to Palancar Reef and, as SD said, there are plenty of shells.

The shallow coral is starting to come back a little and if you want to try a shore snorkel you should try Chankanaab Park or Dzul Ha (the Money Bar, now). These are two of the best spots that I have found so far and you will see plenty of fish at either place.

Snorkel Dawg is probably talking about Playa Palancar. Nice place with plenty of hammocks and lounge chairs, decent food, cold drinks and is a $20 taxi ride. They offer a boat trip out to Palancar Reef and, as SD said, there are plenty of shells.

Hittin ya back Clack!

You are exactlly right Playa Palancar is the correct name and If I remember correctly Playa = beach.

Do you have any reccomendations for St. Maarten, St. Kitts, or San Juan Puerto Rico? We'll be cruzin there in March...

Thx

Dawg

Hittin ya back Clack!

You are exactlly right Playa Palancar is the correct name and If I remember correctly Playa = beach.

Do you have any reccomendations for St. Maarten, St. Kitts, or San Juan Puerto Rico? We'll be cruzin there in March...

Thx

Dawg

Sorry Dawg, I can't help ya on the Eastern, but I do envy ya. We had a trip booked for the Caymens and Jamaica but had to cancel because of Katrina. Let me know how it goes.

P.s. I forgot that Playa means beach,. Duh?:o

Archived