Buying Leather Goods - Especially Boots

danabug33

I'd like to know if anyone has bought boots in Cozumel. My dh wears cowboy boots and is looking for a good deal.

There is a leather shop on the main drag in San Miguel in front of Punta Langosta that has some nice boots, hats and belts, but I thought they were pricey. If I wanted to find real bargains I would go several blocks into town and ask some of the locals where to shop. You can bet your last dollar that the natives don't shop on the Malecon.

One trip my wife sunburned her, uh, hindend. (Saltwater floats you high.):rolleyes: We went off of the beaten path and shopped with the locals. Found her a Super SOFT sweat suit for $8 and I picked up a nice shirt for $8. Now we go into town to shop.

P.S. We are more careful where we put the sunscreen now.

Roger's Boots has several stores around the Caribbean.

It is the "Diamond International" of boots.

The main thing is for you to know your skins and know your prices before you go.

They sell several kinds of boots. Just be aware that what looks like alligator may be pressed leather and not real gator. (the same applies to other skins)

The one positive thing that I have read from lots of folks is that their boots are some of the most comfortable they have ever gotten.

So as long as you are ok with pressed leather instead of the real skins AND you know your prices...you should be ok.

Thanks ya'll. We'll start pricing stuff here so we can compare there. I've only be on the main drag in Cozumel. The taxi dropped us off at one end and we ended up in Margaritaville on the other end. I saw a boot and leather store but did'nt go in. It was my birthday, so I did'nt do much shopping, just a lot of drinking that day.

Archived