Room Service - Customary Tip Amount?

Nezmo

Hi fellow cruisers.

I'm booked on the Conquest this coming weekend (13 years since my last cruise - can you say excited!!). I am pretty sure I'll be ordering room service for breakfast on many days (for two). I'm not sure what would be a respectable amount to tip each service. Can you help?

Many thanks

I usually tip one dollar per 'serving'. If I've ordered for 3 people, I give them $3, if it's just for one person, they get $1. Unless I've ordered several items for one person, then I give them $2 and hope they don't think all that food is for one person.:D

I think I'll go on the higher side. I'll be enhancing those breakfast orders with mimosas... just to get our day off to a nice start :D.

But won't a part of the gratuity already be figured in to the cost of the mimosa? (Just like if you were to order it from any other person on the ship.) So, you would still really only be tipping for the room service.

Not telling you to tip less just figuring out in my mind it that is the way it would work!

But won't a part of the gratuity already be figured in to the cost of the mimosa? (Just like if you were to order it from any other person on the ship.) So, you would still really only be tipping for the room service.

Not telling you to tip less just figuring out in my mind it that is the way it would work!

Quite possibly but the wait staff still has to haul it to my room so I'm thinking I'll be nice.

For 2 people, bout $3

Hi fellow cruisers.

I'm booked on the Conquest this coming weekend (13 years since my last cruise - can you say excited!!). I am pretty sure I'll be ordering room service for breakfast on many days (for two). I'm not sure what would be a respectable amount to tip each service. Can you help?

Many thanks

If I am just getting coffee I usually give $2

If i am getting food etc, usually 5.

I always bring a lot of $1's and a bunch of $5's when I travel for tipping. You can add the tip when you sign for room service though if you don't happen to have the cash....I don't do this often but have had my kids do it a couple of times when I was not in the cabin.

Archived