Solstice - AquaClass - Adult Only???

lvcruises

I agree, I don't think they were being sneaky or deceiving either. I love all the extra features you get with the AquaClass. My DH and I don't like sea days, so the fact that this ship has 2 would normally have caused us not to look at it. But the fact that it was new, that it had the AquaClass and all it offered, the spa features, Blu, etc, is what caused us to over look that and chose this ship. Like many here we have been planning this for over 9 months so far and we are really looking forward to seeing what Celebrity is like. I'm on this board every day looking to see what everyone has to say and what new things are being disclosed. So... we will have a wonderful vacation no matter what.

I wanted to see what other people thought about this class to see if they had the same thoughts about it as we did. Like many of stated our TA really couldn't get much information on of Celebrity either back when we booked this, only that it was 2 per room.

Thanks again to all who responded:)

Yes, that's what I was referring to - thanks, now I don't have to go dig it out!

I personally do not agree that this is "sneaky", a "rip-off", or in any way deceiving. Note that it simply says "perfect grown-up getaway", not "there will be no kids on your floor or in your restaurant". To me, their wording simply means that the features unique to Aqua Class would be appealing to ME, as a grown-up. It's not saying that I will see no children on my deck.

But that's just me. ;)

I remember seeing that now.:)

I booked a CC stateroom on the penthouse deck aft with my husband and our 13 and 20 year old daughter.

Did not know that some were expecting a child free floor.

I booked this room because it is cheaper then a SV and in the same spot, and thought any floor with the penthouse stateroom should be a good one.

Was never told that it was a child free floor -

I'm not sure where you saw anyone stating it was a child-free floor. :confused:

I was asking about the Aquaclass rooms, basically the area at the front of the ship where a large nmber of the rooms are located. Another person has posted that there are 5 inside cabins in that section that I never even noticed, so based on that I now see that there can be children even up in the front section on this floor.

I booked a CC stateroom on the penthouse deck aft with my husband and our 13 and 20 year old daughter.

I booked this room because it is cheaper then a SV and in the same spot, and thought any floor with the penthouse stateroom should be a good one.

Not the whole floor; just the forward area. It's not that it will be child free, it's just that I'm thinking there should be minimal children in this area as the AC cabins are for grownups.

And it's not, so no worries. Many people have assumed that there will be fewer kids on this floor because so many of the cabins are Aqua Class, which only allows 2 per cabin. Some people have taken that fact, and the wording of some of Celebrity's adverts on Aqua Class proclaiming it as a "perfect grown-up getaway", to mean that Aqua Class is meant to be an adults-only environment. But Celebrity has neither said, nor advertised, anything to that effect.

In my world, a perfect grown up get away does not include kids in the dining room. It does not include kids anywhere. The perception is the deception, and I already know that X is not a kids free cruise line, but it looks like some still have some hopes.:)

This cabin class is all about the perception they are selling, that's why every one is so confused about it....so, what are they selling?....and in the end its still a pretty ordinary cabin. Anyone can 'get away from it' just like a grown up in any other cabin class on the ship and still get to the spa too!

This new class might be on one of the least desirable decks on the ship in terms of balcony overhang, so in the same way as the less desirable cabins with the huge overhangs became Concierge Class, Solstice introduces AquaClass. They are doing it from the start on these ships unlike the CC class that came after the cruise line was unable to fill the cabins on that upper deck.

I have sailed on Celebrity almost exclusively and have never found children to be a problem. Due to the nature of Celebrity's style few children are onboard. No rock climbing walls, skating rinks, etc. is kind of a downer for kids. The few children that I have seen have been well behaved and almost never seen. I found some of the adults to be more of a problem.

In my world, a perfect grown up get away does not include kids in the dining room. It does not include kids anywhere. The perception is the deception, and I already know that X is not a kids free cruise line, but it looks like some still have some hopes.:)

This cabin class is all about the perception they are selling, that's why every one is so confused about it....so, what are they selling?....and in the end its still a pretty ordinary cabin. Anyone can 'get away from it' just like a grown up in any other cabin class on the ship and still get to the spa too!

This new class might be on one of the least desirable decks on the ship in terms of balcony overhang, so in the same way as the less desirable cabins with the huge overhangs became Concierge Class, Solstice introduces AquaClass. They are doing it from the start on these ships unlike the CC class that came after the cruise line was unable to fill the cabins on that upper deck.

I actually don't mind the overhang. (Yes, I've seen it many times - and it's even bigger on my cabin than on many others, because I'm on the forward angle.) The overhang, to me, means that I can still use my balcony if it's raining...which it might very well be when I'm on that ship in the Med in Oct/Nov. But I do see your point, that many people don't want the overhang, or don't want to be directly below the pool deck.

I still do not believe that Celebrity is doing anything remotely deceiving in referring to this cabin class as a "grown-up getaway", and I'm really intrigued by how you do. You say that it's in the "perception" they are selling - can you share with me where you are seeing them selling this perception, other than that one line in an advert? Is there anything you can point to that gives the perception that you will see no kids? And especially, as you say, "no kids anywhere" - that's a pretty big jump of an assumption to make, out of that one line. Why would anyone assume that, on a ship that holds almost 3000 passengers, they wouldn't run into children?

I just think you are being a little hard on Celebrity. There are various things I dislike about Celebrity (their booze policies, their spa concessionaire, etc), but I just don't see how they are being in any way deceptive in their design, advertisements, or presentation of Aqua Class. They aren't saying it will be anything that it's not going to be. I, for one, am not confused - I have no illusions that I will not encounter children. I have read what they stated is included in Aqua Class and, while some things we'll just have to wait and see how they turn out, for the most part it's a pretty straightforward set of features and attributes.

If YOU aren't interested in Aqua Class, that's fine - but lots of us ARE interested...and not because we think it will be kid-free. In fact, I put a poll up here on this forum not too long ago, asking everyone what it was that made them book Solstice Class ships. There were quite a few folks who chose Aqua Class as one of the primary drivers (myself included). And I can assure you that I made this choice knowing full well that I might see actual young people. ;)

I, for one, am not confused - I have no illusions that I will not encounter children. I have read what they stated is included in Aqua Class and, while some things we'll just have to wait and see how they turn out, for the most part it's a pretty straightforward set of features and attributes. ;)
I'm not confused either, FinelyCruising. Although I'm interested to hear first hand reports, I think I have a pretty good idea of what to expect with the AquaClass cabin and it's particular features. I know I will see children throughout the ship but I don't think I will see that many in the hall where my cabin is located (unless they are just passing through). I'm good with kids being on board and taking part in all the amenities that they are entitled to.

I

If YOU aren't interested in Aqua Class, that's fine - but lots of us ARE interested...and not because we think it will be kid-free. In fact, I put a poll up here on this forum not too long ago, asking everyone what it was that made them book Solstice Class ships. There were quite a few folks who chose Aqua Class as one of the primary drivers (myself included). And I can assure you that I made this choice knowing full well that I might see actual young people. ;)

LeeAnne...go back to the OP's question...just go back and read it again to refresh your self so you have a full and complete undertsanding of the topic and the varied responses. At last check of the terms of this board, responses don't have to suit you. Show me anywhre, on this board where they have to pass your personal approval to be suitable enough to post here without your repeated inuendo and feigned confusion over what is actually meant!.

No one says you have to agree with me, and if you don't then its best for you to just ignore the poster, and there are rules about that, if you like you can be pointed to them easily. What you do need to stop going after me for any comments that I made that don't suit you. Your are respectfully urged to stop, is that clear enough for you to Get It???

Hi All..... I wasn't trying start a subject that would be so polarizing. :o

I just wanted to get clarification on what the AquaClass age limits were if any, so that we would have a better idea of what to expect. Trying get answers from Celebrity wasn't gonna really happen. I know from being on these boards that alot you have a much better understanding of how some of these cruiselines operate. As for us we have never been on Celebrity but had heard they were one of the nicer cruiselines and really didn't cater to familys as much as some of the others do.

I really appreciate the feedback and as I have stated before I'm really looking forward to the Aquaclass and the amenities it offers.

Julie

Hi All..... I wasn't trying start a subject that would be so polarizing. :o

I just wanted to get clarification on what the AquaClass age limits were if any, so that we would have a better idea of what to expect. Trying get answers from Celebrity wasn't gonna really happen. I know from being on these boards that alot you have a much better understanding of how some of these cruiselines operate. As for us we have never been on Celebrity but had heard they were one of the nicer cruiselines and really didn't cater to familys as much as some of the others do.

I really appreciate the feedback and as I have stated before I'm really looking forward to the Aquaclass and the amenities it offers.

Julie

Julie:

Bottom line is that if there are children there will only be a couple because of the price and restrictions on # in cabin...

One thing I would correct you on is Celebrity does cater to children and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I have been taking my kids on their cruises since 93 and the programs have only grown in size.

LeeAnne...go back to the OP's question...just go back and read it again to refresh your self so you have a full and complete undertsanding of the topic and the varied responses. At last check of the terms of this board, responses don't have to suit you. Show me anywhre, on this board where they have to pass your personal approval to be suitable enough to post here without your repeated inuendo and feigned confusion over what is actually meant!.

No one says you have to agree with me, and if you don't then its best for you to just ignore the poster, and there are rules about that, if you like you can be pointed to them easily. What you do need to stop going after me for any comments that I made that don't suit you. Your are respectfully urged to stop, is that clear enough for you to Get It???

Finely, I take exception to your exceedingly rude response to me, and will respectfully and strongly urge YOU to stop, is that clear enough for you? :rolleyes:

This is a message board, in which we post opinions. Your posts are all subject to being responded to, agreed with, disagreed with, talked about, etc etc. I'm sorry if you find it so objectionable to be disagreed with, but if you have such a problem with people disagreeing with you, I would encourage you to not post on public message boards where people might actually disagree with you.

I disagree with you that Celebrity has in any way conveyed the message that Aqua Class passengers will not encounter children, and I feel you are being rather harsh in your criticism of Celebrity in that regard. That's all. Sorry, hon, but it really wasn't personal. You, like everyone else on this board, are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine. I am even entitled to disagree with yours, and to say so here. I broke no rules...my posts were polite, straightforward, and lacking in anything remotely personal, condescending, or insulting. So your angry response is a leeetle bit over the top, doncha think?

The only reason I continued to respond to your messages is that, quite frankly, I find it intriguing that you interpreted Celebrity's advertisements about Aqua Class to mean that you will not encounter children at all. This is, shall I say, an unusual assumption, once one has actually delved into the literature and messages provided by Celebrity (which, clearly, you have). Others might have surmised this, but solely based on rumor, hearsay and jumping to conclusions, not an actual reading of the material, which you obviously have done. So, hey, I find your take on this to be rather interesting, and worthy of comment...that's all! :)

Now...breeeeathe...and let's all get back to playing nice in our conversations about such a wonderful topic as CRUISING. :)

[quote name='dkjretired']Julie:

Bottom line is that if there are children there will only be a couple because of the price and restrictions on # in cabin...

One thing I would correct you on is Celebrity does cater to children and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I have been taking my kids on their cruises since 93 and the programs have only grown in size.[/QUOTE]

Don - I agree with you (and others) who have assumed there will be few, if any, children in Aqua Class.

Regarding Celebrity catering to children - while they do have a wonderful kids program, I would venture to say that Celebrity caters less to *families* than, say, RCI, which has more family-oriented features like those rock-climbing walls, skating rinks, etc. Celebrity tends to draw a slightly older demographic, and does generally have fewer children onboard than other cruise lines such as Disney (well, obviously ;)) and RCI.

If one is hoping to avoid kids on a cruise, the standard suggestions apply: don't cruise during school holiday season; choose cruises that are greater than one week long; and cruise in regions that generally draw fewer families, such as Europe. And (to get back to the original topic) I also think that, while we've established that it's not kid-[B]free[/B], going with Aqua Class will likely mean you'll encounter even fewer kids on your cruise.

Archived