Wet & Wild Cave Tubing or Princess cave tubing?

lrcruising

I can't speak for the Princess excursion, since I was there on the Elation, but Wet n Wild was great! Marvin met us when we got off our tender & took us to their little office where we paid the rest of our money. He then told us the rest of the people booked on our excursion hadn't arrived yet & we could look around the shops for awhile, but we would leave no later than 10 a.m. He kept us updated on the others' arrival & we were off within 20 minutes or less. Junior was our guide & he was great! He answered all our questions, whether about his country or what he did for fun. The tubing was a lot of fun and the walk to where we got in the water was about 40 minutes through the beautiful rain forest. After our ride down the river, we were able to change into dry clothes for lunch and the ride back. Lunch was delicious! We ate at a place called Amigos & if you like limeade, be sure to order that with your meal. I'd love a big glass right now! Junior made sure to keep an eye on the clock & we got back with a little over an hour to spend shopping before we headed back to the ship.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

I was also there on the Elation, so I can't help with specifics about Princess. However, we were told by our guide that the ship excursions did not include lunch and it's probably because of the number of people. The ship excursions usually take about 30 people. When we went with Wet n Wild, there were 8 of us. Another difference in ship excursions is that they only go through one cave and the private tours go through two. On those bases alone, I would recommend Wet n Wild as your best bet for a good time and a good value for your money.

Our daughter did a great deal of research & she suggested that we use Xtreme Cave Tubing rather than the ship guided tour.

The decision was a good one as far as our group was small & the guide had lived there for years & gave us such a good history & explained alot to us. For that, I am thankful; however, here is the problem: waiting on other ships to tender their passengers. We waited much too long for the other ship which was 2 hrs behind our time, having left Texas. What that did was nearly made us miss our tender & we weren't able to do any shopping at all! Just be careful about that.

I am very glad that we didn't go with Skippy of RCCL, far too many people on that trip. There were only 8 of us & that was better.

Archived