Tuxedo hire

superfind

Hi,has anyone used www.cruiselineformal.com to hire a tuxedo on board?

If so, were you happy with their service?

Also, does anyone know why Independence of the Seas doesn't appearin their list of ships on which they provide their rental service?

Very happy with their service.... just be sure to give 'em the correct measurments and sizes. As soon as it arrives in your cabin try it on. Any adjustments will be made very happily. Enjoy :)

Hi,has anyone used www.cruiselineformal.com to hire a tuxedo on board?

If so, were you happy with their service?

Also, does anyone know why Independence of the Seas doesn't appearin their list of ships on which they provide their rental service?

We too had the same question and found replies on the 'Cruise Fashions & Beauty' .. sounds worth it ;)

Hey Superfind, RCCL is now doing all their own tuxedo rentals, They started with Independence a while back and I believe they are doing their own rentals fleet wide now. I had trouble trying to get a rental for our upcoming cruise but they might have worked out all the problems by now. The link I have for Tux rentals is http://tuxedorentals.rccl.com

Thanks Hazmat, but that link doesn't seem to work.

The RCI site has a link to cruiselineformal.com but they don't feature Independence in their list.

Any ideas?

I had reserved a Tux for our upcoming cruise with cruiselineformal.com. When I did not see an email confirmation I called and they told me they were not supplying tuxes for RCCL. Then I called RCCL and they gave me a new toll free number for the RCCL formal wear dept, which just started 2 week ago. I called and they handled my request for tux rental and at a lower price than cruiselineformal.com. I don't have the new number with me at the momment, but call any RCCL rep and you should be able to be transferred to that dept.

Good luck.

--Barry

I used cruiselineformalwear for my tuxedo rental on our recent Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic and on several previous cruises and have always been extremely well satisfied with the quality of their tuxes and the service they provided. My documents for our Jewel repositioning cruise next month indicate that the tux service will be provided by a different vendor: http://www.tuxedorentals.rccl.com. The price is very similar to what cruiseline formalwear offered, but since we are departing from Boston, I may well bring my own tux on this cruise.:)

Royal has taken all of that in-house now. Get the phone # from the website, and follow the prompts. BE SURE TO HAVE ALL YOUR MEASUREMENTS. They won't take the order without your "outseam" measurement, which isn't something we guys buy slacks with, so a trip to a tux rental place or tailor first might be in order.They are renting essentially the same packages as Cruiseline Formal(who I never had a problem with), so use that as your guide.

My husband has always rented his tuxedos through Cruise Line Formal. I agree that you should try on the tux as soon as possible to ensure it fits correctly. On a couple of occasions adjustments had to be made to the length of my husband’s trousers.

I had reserved a Tux for our upcoming cruise with cruiselineformal.com. When I did not see an email confirmation I called and they told me they were not supplying tuxes for RCCL. Then I called RCCL and they gave me a new toll free number for the RCCL formal wear dept, which just started 2 week ago. I called and they handled my request for tux rental and at a lower price than cruiselineformal.com. I don't have the new number with me at the momment, but call any RCCL rep and you should be able to be transferred to that dept.

Good luck.

--Barry

I had the same thing happen to me this week. I got an email from cruiselineformal.com stating that they were not supplying tuxes for our Splendour cruise. I called up RCCL and reserved one and they couldn't have been nicer. The system is not yet up and running and they said I should receive confirmation via email next week. The price was slightly lower than the other website.

I hope I did the outseam measurement right, I just measured a pair of my DH's pants in the closet.

I had the same thing happen to me this week. I got an email from cruiselineformal.com stating that they were not supplying tuxes for our Splendour cruise. I called up RCCL and reserved one and they couldn't have been nicer. The system is not yet up and running and they said I should receive confirmation via email next week. The price was slightly lower than the other website.

I hope I did the outseam measurement right, I just measured a pair of my DH's pants in the closet.

Don't hold your breath waiting for an e-mail confirmation about the rental. I placed an order about three weeks ago for our Hawaii cruise next week and I still have not heard from them. I have called twice to make sure it will be there and all they would say is here is your confirmation number and it will be billed to your seapass. Good luck.

Don't hold your breath waiting for an e-mail confirmation about the rental. I placed an order about three weeks ago for our Hawaii cruise next week and I still have not heard from them. I have called twice to make sure it will be there and all they would say is here is your confirmation number and it will be billed to your seapass. Good luck.

Two days ago I received an email confirmation from RCCL on my tux rental for our upcoming Panama Canal/South America cruise on the Radiance.

--Barry

Interesting, I didn't even get a confirmation number. Maybe I'll give them a call this week to confirm.

Can someone point to where on the RCCL website is the link to their Formal Wear rental? I've tried the link above in this thread, but it states the URL is not valid.

I also looked around on my cruise in December and there is no link for any formal wear rental. Have things gone back to Cruiselineformal?

My December cruise is on the Jewel to Panama.

Can someone point to where on the RCCL website is the link to their Formal Wear rental? I've tried the link above in this thread, but it states the URL is not valid.

I also looked around on my cruise in December and there is no link for any formal wear rental. Have things gone back to Cruiselineformal?

My December cruise is on the Jewel to Panama.

Try calling RCCL Formalwear directly at 800-590-6193. The links on the website don't work yet.

To your SeaPass card!

BILL

That's good. On our past cruises, we had to pay up front with cruiselineformal.com but I never had any complaints about the tuxes. And the one time that the slacks were a tad short, they were quickly lengthened and returned.

I just reserved a tuxedo for my son today through RCCL's website. My hint-of-the-day that you should make sure you print out your order BEFORE you hit the "Confirm" button...once you press that button it seems the details of the order can no longer be accessed. I've tried countless ways, but can't get the information.

I called the toll-free number and spoke to a very nice rep who confirmed my order and they are going to send me back a screen-shot of the details. I explained that I wanted that in my hand to make sure that what is delivered is what I ordered.

When I ordered an extra vest and tie so my husband would match our son (hubby already has a tux) I printed out the screen shot before confirming so I have that detail.

All that arrives in the e-mail is your confirmation number for either a tuxedo or the generic 'accessories'.

Archived