silvermoon vs. Carnival 5 star catamaran

stunned

I have been reading the threads and really want to feel confident booking silvermoon, but have a few questions for any of you that have experienced either of the tours.

Do they both do the same snorkeling tour?

Do they both have open bars instead of just rum punch and beer?

How crowded is the Carnival vs. only 24 on Silvermoon?

Do they refund your deposit if you are not able to make the tour due to weather, late ship etc... ?

I guess I just want someone to tell me which one to book. I appreciate all your help and all the threads I have read have been very informative and helpful.

I have been reading the threads and really want to feel confident booking silvermoon, but have a few questions for any of you that have experienced either of the tours.

Do they both do the same snorkeling tour?

Do they both have open bars instead of just rum punch and beer?

How crowded is the Carnival vs. only 24 on Silvermoon?

Do they refund your deposit if you are not able to make the tour due to weather, late ship etc... ?

I guess I just want someone to tell me which one to book. I appreciate all your help and all the threads I have read have been very informative and helpful.

Although I have not tried the Carnival Catamaran, I have tried several other ships tours with many lines. The one thing about the ships tours, which is great for some, and not so great for others. They really pack you in those cats for the ships tours. Very crowded. Some like the 'more the merrier' cats, some like a 'limited number'. Where as the Silver Moon gives you plenty of room and personalized service.

With the larger cats, you spend more time trying to get in and out of the water than anything else, because there are so many people onboard. With the Silver Moon you get a lot more time to enjoy the snorkeling and swimming. They all go to the sea turtle area, which is usually quite busy. We like the Silver Moon as they attempt to arrive before the crowds.

Most Cats have a so called open bar, many different things to choose from. But the silver moon actually caters to what you like to drink instead of a limited choice.

One trip to Barbados, our ship was delayed arriving. We tried to get to the check in area, but were about 30 minutes late and missed our cat. They waited for us as they knew the ship had come in late. We were given the option of a full refund or they would pay for a taxi to meet the boat along the coast. We chose to meet up with the boat, which sent the dingy to pick us up, and still had a fantastic day.

Silver moon sounds like our cup of tea. Can i get their email address from you, and a possible web site.

Thanks a mill.

Cheers

http://www.oceanadventures.bb/oai/silvermoon.html

Here is the website. Just make sure to contact them as soon as you have your dates. They have very limited space and once they get the maximum number of passengers, they don't take anymore. There is a deposit of 50% for the Silver Moon which does guarantee your booking. Credit Cards accepted and they send a confirmation form that you fax to them if you decide to book.

Enjoy!

http://www.oceanadventures.bb/oai/silvermoon.html

Here is the website. Just make sure to contact them as soon as you have your dates. They have very limited space and once they get the maximum number of passengers, they don't take anymore. There is a deposit of 50% for the Silver Moon which does guarantee your booking. Credit Cards accepted and they send a confirmation form that you fax to them if you decide to book.

Enjoy!

Hi

What does it cost? I tried emailing them several times without success. Perhaps they are having problems. Also, how long is the cruise for, do they make more than one stop? What equipment do they provide? The website didn't give very much information.

Thanks

Peter

Hi

What does it cost? I tried emailing them several times without success. Perhaps they are having problems. Also, how long is the cruise for, do they make more than one stop? What equipment do they provide? The website didn't give very much information.

Thanks

Peter

Peter, The smaller cat that holds maximum of 12 passengers is $110 per person, 50% deposit when you book.

The larger cat that holds 24 is $87.50 (I think that is the correct amount) per person with a 50% deposit. The balance is due when you board in cash or travelers checks.

We fax the deposit to them with our CC number (this has never been a problem). There is another smaller charge (but only a couple of dollars) for the difference in the exchange rates that our CC card charges us.

The excursion leaves at 9:30 (we meet at 9:00) and returns at approx. 2:30.

They did provide all snorkel gear if you didn't have your own.

A full lunch and drinks is also provided onboard. And I might add, the food is VERY good, or at least it has been on each trip we have taken with them.

Hope that is what you were wanting to know. ;)

Peter, The smaller cat that holds maximum of 12 passengers is $110 per person, 50% deposit when you book.

The larger cat that holds 24 is $87.50 (I think that is the correct amount) per person with a 50% deposit. The balance is due when you board in cash or travelers checks.

We fax the deposit to them with our CC number (this has never been a problem). There is another smaller charge (but only a couple of dollars) for the difference in the exchange rates that our CC card charges us.

The excursion leaves at 9:30 (we meet at 9:00) and returns at approx. 2:30.

They did provide all snorkel gear if you didn't have your own.

A full lunch and drinks is also provided onboard. And I might add, the food is VERY good, or at least it has been on each trip we have taken with them.

Hope that is what you were wanting to know. ;)

Thanks for the info. It is exactly what we needed to know.

Looking at your bio, I see you've been around (in a good way). We are going to the following ports during our 10 day cruise--

Basse-terre, St. Kitts; Castries, St. Lucia; Soufriere, St Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Fort-De-France, Martinique; and Road Town, Tortola.

Does anything really jump out at you as a MUST SEE or MUST AVOID in any of these islands? Your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. It is exactly what we needed to know.

Looking at your bio, I see you've been around (in a good way). We are going to the following ports during our 10 day cruise--

Basse-terre, St. Kitts; Castries, St. Lucia; Soufriere, St Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Fort-De-France, Martinique; and Road Town, Tortola.

Does anything really jump out at you as a MUST SEE or MUST AVOID in any of these islands? Your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

We have sailed the Southern Caribbean so many times, most of the ports are a blur, believe it or not. Many times I can't remember what we did there on previous visits until we dock, and then seeing the port let's me know where we are. Wish I could help, but the only ports that ever stick out in my mind is those with the best privately booked shore excursions. The Silver Moon on Barbados is #1 on my memory list. ;)

You might have a look at the actual port boards for each one and that should give you some ideas as well. Especially for private tours.

Many times, we find the cruise line has locked up the best tours for some of these islands and there is no way to book them privately. So, we must book them through the ship if that is what we are interested in.

Wish I could be of more assistance here, but after over a dozen cruises to these islands, I just can't remember one from another on most of them. :(

We have sailed the Southern Caribbean so many times, most of the ports are a blur, believe it or not. Many times I can't remember what we did there on previous visits until we dock, and then seeing the port let's me know where we are. Wish I could help, but the only ports that ever stick out in my mind is those with the best privately booked shore excursions. The Silver Moon on Barbados is #1 on my memory list. ;)

You might have a look at the actual port boards for each one and that should give you some ideas as well. Especially for private tours.

Many times, we find the cruise line has locked up the best tours for some of these islands and there is no way to book them privately. So, we must book them through the ship if that is what we are interested in.

Wish I could be of more assistance here, but after over a dozen cruises to these islands, I just can't remember one from another on most of them. :(

Thanks anyway. I know what you mean. I have been struggling to find something a bit different. Last year we did the Panama Canal which was great. The Caribbean islands seem to be all the same to us. However, Fort Lauderdale is so convenient from New York.

If you think of something, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

All the best!

Thanks anyway. I know what you mean. I have been struggling to find something a bit different. Last year we did the Panama Canal which was great. The Caribbean islands seem to be all the same to us. However, Fort Lauderdale is so convenient from New York.

If you think of something, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

All the best!

Archived