new to seabourn

woldsman

MARTITA thanks for your speedy reply much appreciated perhaps you could advise me as to the Maiyre D and Exec Chef on bourd from 11/11 to 29/11. To any other C/C who have used the vintage Seabourn gold selection which we are considering is it considered good value ?.and is there a reasonably wide choice f premium wines in the selection offered?. What isSeabourns position in regard to bringing a few bottles 4 of your own wine on board?. Is there a corkage fee if poured in the resterant? if so approx how much? and would the Sommelier serve our own wine to us as normal.

woldsman

The dining room Maitre'D will probably be Felipe. I think we'll enjoy a couple of Ex. Chefs on the TA ~as to the Nov. 11th voyage I don't know who'll master the galley.

I've enjoyed the premium wine program and it's an excellent value! I would highly recommend purchasing it ~~I don't think there's a corkage fee charged. And yes, you may bring your selections of wine aboard ~~many Sailor's do!:D

Enjoy!

Martita B.

Hi the gold package is well worth doing and is an excellent way of trying some good wines at excellent prices.

There is no corkage fee's for bringing your own bottles into the restaurant, I have often done this at lunch time, to try local wines especially when in Europe.

Also it is more cost effective to do the wine packag in the UK as a gift, than purchase on board in dollars

deb

Your informative reply much appreciated . We are going to purchase the gold package here in UK.as you suggested, I hadnt considered the pre cruise gift option but it is more cost effective. Many thanks.Regards Woldsman.:D

woldsman

In Ft Lauderdale, there are a number of excellent wine stores on 17th Street ~~I'm assuming you will overnight in Miami or Ft Lauderdale before your cruise. If you decide to pick up a couple of bottles of fine wines to enjoy on the Pride, a stop at one of the wine stores will be convenient (17th St.) before you go to the Port Everglades pier terminal.

Happy Sailing:p

Martita B.

MARTITA a,s usual you are quite correct,we arrive at MIA approx 2.30 pm and have a [ hopefully] limo to drive us to COCOBELLE RESORT,where we are staying o/n.I have no idea where this location[VISTAMAR ST]is in relation to 17 St but I hope yourself or some other c/c member may be able to assist with directions to that location.We have no idea how far from P/E, COCOBELLE is , or whether it is enroute to the terminal to travel along 17 St, but should not be to much of a concern if it requires a diversion.Your many room tips have been duly noted by D/W., along with Granny Lor,s hilarious cruise reviews,and wicked sense of humour ,Capt GA,s exception al photographs and so many more friendly posts we have read over the past few months have contributed to making us realise what a good forum.this is .REGARDS . woldsman,

woldsman

I checked the Cocobelle Resort's location and you'll be driving close to 17th St. on your way to the Port Everglades ship Terminal.

If you would like to stop and pick up a few bottles of wine I'm sure your driver would be more than happy to "swing by."

Actually unless you want to take a specific wine aboard, I think you'll be quite pleased with the wine selection offered on Seabourn and you might not need to bring any bottles.

I always enjoy the red from Chile ~~!~ It's a house wine.

If you or your wife needs to pick up any last minute items you can find it on 17th Street.

Safe travels

Martita B.

Oh Woldsman...what a shame you didnt follow my lead and book into the Grande hotel in Fort Lauderdale...I would love to know what its like!! :D

Got a trip coming up in November where I have had all sorts of trouble over a Bangkok hotel....should be interesting when I actually get there....

Woldsman,

If you like French wine, you might also pick up a few bottles in St. Barth's - the selection is very good. There are several fine wine shops within walking distance of the tender pier and a grocery store with a large wine/liquor section opposite the airport terminal. However, if you want California wine it would definitely be cheaper in Fort Lauderdale - Granny can provide you with a bus schedule.;)

It would be a shame, though, to take too many bottles of wine on board - the inclusion of wine and liquor is one of the benefits of cruising with Seabourn.

Seabourn usually has about a dozen wines on the complimentary list ranging from passable to very good. Sometimes they will provide you with a printed list if you ask, other times the sommelier will quote the list to you. Just remember, if the wine of the evening is not to your liking they will provide you with any of the other choices from the comp. list without hesitation. The staff want you to be happy.

johnny

Gannie everything seems to happen to your good self,Iwoyld be interested to know what problem [s[ you have encountered in Bangkok. One thing is sure you will most certainly overcome any obstacle that anyone in the far east puts in your way,thats for sure.Tell me more about your forthcoming holiday. DW and I visited BANGKOK, the GOLDEN triangle, and HUA HIN in2005 at least I think that was the year,we really enjoyed the whole experience, particularly the far north,from our hotel veranda we could see , across the river BURMA, i THINK, AND Viwtnam or maybe it was Cambodia, there was certainly plenty of cross border activity taking place overnight,The holiday resort of Hua Hin was most enjoyable as well, but we really went there to play golf, DW is a keen golfer I ,m very enthusiastic, but not up to Carol,s standard of play, just another cross I have to bear,but its good fun.Our forthcoming cruise on SEABOURN as you have gathered is our first time with SEABOURN , From the many posts I have read over the past few months I think we have almost certainlyfound the premier cruise line,on your next Pride voyage where are you sailing to ?.Please accept my apologies for any bad spelling or gcrammatical errors but Im not too conversant with computers,Have a great time on all your forthcoming adventures ,and please please write your review of your next Pride [voyage of discovery]Best wishes to you andyour other half, maybe we will sail together in the future,Regards TERRY,Woldsman.

Terry, our trip to Bangkok is just a "stopover" on our way to Europe for a River cruise. Just staying three days to break the terribly long flight! I think the heat there will probably knock me for 6, but Im sure I can find an airconditioned shopping mall...of course I can, the hotel I booked is attached to one! (I hope) :rolleyes:

Our next cruise on the Pride is the Baltic one, really looking forward to that but wish it was longer than just a month! We end in London and will stay there for a couple of weeks.

I plan on taking my trusty old lap top with me on all travels, hubby loves to carry it for me ;) so will be writing as much as possible!!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh Woldsman...what a shame you didnt follow my lead and book into the Grande hotel in Fort Lauderdale...I would love to know what its like!! :D

Got a trip coming up in November where I have had all sorts of trouble over a Bangkok hotel....should be interesting when I actually get there....

Hi Lorraine!

The "Grande" is actually a very nice hotel! We stayed there a couple of times and the location is very good. It is a Hilton hotel now. However this November we will be staying in the Hilton Beach Resort, hoping for an upgrade. Very nice hotel too. Apart from the restaurant, which only is good for breakfast. Swimming pool and sea views great.

Marja

Archived