A random question for all brides...

Lance'sBride

This might be a stupid question, but I really don't know the answer! I bought a really pretty hankerchief for the wedding, I already know the tears are inevitable. But, where do you carry it? Obviously I need it somewhere accessible, so do I just carry it with my bouquet? I know where I could hide it, but I don't think it's appropriate to pull it out of my cleavage in the middle of the ceremony! :D Thanks!

This might be a stupid question' date=' but I really don't know the answer! I bought a really pretty hankerchief for the wedding, I already know the tears are inevitable. But, where do you carry it? Obviously I need it somewhere accessible, so do I just carry it with my bouquet? I know where I could hide it, but I don't think it's appropriate to pull it out of my cleavage in the middle of the ceremony! :D Thanks![/quote']

It's totally appropriate to put it there but I understand what you're saying. The only other option I can think of is to have the groom carry it in his pocket and hand it to you when you need it. That would be sweet!

My first inclination would be for you to NOT pull it out of your bust. To carry it with your bouquet.

But, after thinking about this some, I realized that this type of action, and the reaction you would get from it, has more to do with how your family would react to something like this. Some families/audiences would get a kick out of it, some families/audiences would be completely appalled. Is yours a church going family? Would this be appropriate to do in a church? Is yours an easy going family? Full of laughs and the occasional dirty joke at the dinner table?

In mulling it over, I am going to suggest that you go ask your grandmother and great grandmother how they would handle it. They might have some nifty "old school" style suggestions for you to incorporate.

If (god forbid) they are no longer with you, then ask your mom and your soon to be MIL what they think you should do. Offer your suggestions as well, including the bust. If everyone thinks the bust idea is a good idea, then, at least, you know that you have their blessing.

Therefore, if anyone should be "shocked" that you do this, you can always fall back on the fact that you "asked around".

Only my opinion.

Congratulations!

Archived