rain forest hike and beach (HAL)

greg_atlanta

I'm on HAL Westerdam 10/19, will be in Tortola Mon Oct 22 from Noon to 9 pm. This excursion is $49 if booked through HAL, called "Forest Hike and Beach".

from website: "By motorcoach you will drive up Fort Hill to Belle Vue, and along the ridge road to Sage Mountain National Park--1,716 feet above sea-level. Set out on a one-mile hike through the semi-tropical rain forest. Enjoy the significantly cooler temperatures as your guide leads you along the trail pointing out flora and fauna of interest. A refreshing drink will be served at Mountain View Restaurant before you descend to Cane Garden Bay. Relax on the white sand beach or swim in the azure waters for approximately 1 1/2 hours before returning to the ship."

Is this worth $49? If not, are there other ways to see the forest/mountain part of the island available at the port? I plan on doing beachy things at all the other ports, so want to try something different in Tortola since it's mountainous.

(p.s.- I still feel horribly ripped off after paying $60 for a snorkel, catamaran sail, and beach party in Cozumel two years ago on RCI.... the catamaran dumped us off to snorkel in lifeless waters barely 500 yards from the ship.)

Archived