Drinking water???

mpacif

Hi!

I'm going on the Destiny in October and was wondering about drinking water on board. I only drink water, and a lot of it, and don't want to be stuck purchasing 10 bottles of water a day b/c that could get pretty expensive. I also dont want the inconvenience of carrying a case of water onboard.

so, my question is, do they have complimentary, tap drinking water (at the buffet, dining room, etc)? I don't mind drinking tap water, but is it drinkable on the boat?

I would really love to just bring a refillable thermos and refill with water that I don't have to pay for.

thanks!

I am not sure how to explain this.. .but they have thier own water treatment plan on each ship.

I find the water on the Lido Deck and dining rooms to be wonderful! Just do not drink it from your room.... not the same!

Catrin

The water is purified/de-salinated sea water. It tastes wonderful and has been of very good quality on every cruise we've been on. I'm from Colorado, we have very good water here and the water on the ships is just as good as we have at home. Personally I don't believe in bottled water, very wasteful. I usually pack a large insulated mug and fill it with ice and tap water from the Lido Cafe. I like to have this when I'm out laying on deck.

I drank plenty of water from my room, since I read lots of posts on here that it's perfectly safe and clean. If there really were a problem with the room water, it would be clearly marked non-potable, and I don't think they would run the risk of that. Now the toilet water, on the other hand... don't drink it :)

The in cabin tap water comes from the same tanks as the water on the Lido and in the dining rooms. The tanks are filled from two possible sources. As mentioned already the ship has its own desalination system and is constantly creating its own fresh potable water. Ships also take on potable water from the supply at their home port such as Miami etc.

The only ship I would not drink cabin tap water on is the Holiday due to the issues with her old pipes and the discoloration associated with them. :eek:

I drink a ton of water too - that's all I drink and I think the ship water is great. I do throw a few bottled waters in my luggage and just fill that all day or bring along a big insulated mug and fill it with lots of ice and water. It's very good water! I wouldn't be concerned about that.

I have not been aboard the Destiny, but have sailed on the Conquest twice and subsequently on the Ecstacy. The tap water on the Conquest was wonderful...no problems. I made th mistaken presumption that this would be true fleet-wide.

However, on the Ecstacy, the tap water had a very off-putting taste. The best way I can describe it is that it tasted like the smell of a dirty wet dog. It may have been potable, but it was definitely not palatable!

However, the ice provided by the room steward and on Lido on both ships tasted fine, both frozen and when melted into water.

I have sailed the Destiny and the water on board is great. It is extremely pure and tastes wonderful. You should have no problem drinking it. I'd carry a large water bottle to fill on the Lido deck so you'll always have it readily available. Enjoy.

Hi!

I'm going on the Destiny in October and was wondering about drinking water on board. I only drink water, and a lot of it, and don't want to be stuck purchasing 10 bottles of water a day b/c that could get pretty expensive. I also dont want the inconvenience of carrying a case of water onboard.

so, my question is, do they have complimentary, tap drinking water (at the buffet, dining room, etc)? I don't mind drinking tap water, but is it drinkable on the boat?

I would really love to just bring a refillable thermos and refill with water that I don't have to pay for.

thanks!

YES

:D

I

However, on the Ecstacy, the tap water had a very off-putting taste. The best way I can describe it is that it tasted like the smell of a dirty wet dog. It may have been potable, but it was definitely not palatable!

I have to agree that the water on the Ecstasy had a "different" taste. I didn't get the wet dog nuance, but it certainly didn't taste like normal tap water to me. I guess to me it still tasted a little bit salty.

Water on Ecstasy was not very good. Had to put alot of lemon in it. As soon as we got to a port, we bought bottled water.

Bought a 24 pack of water. Put a room tag on it. Sent it with my checked luggage. It was delivered to our stateroom no problem. Room Steward kept ice in the ice bucket and he put the water in our room cooler every day. I do not consider what is in the rooms a frig but a cooler.

I was on the Inspiration last month and I thought the water in the buffet was terrible. The only way I would drink it is if it was full of ice. The ice tasted fine, and a lot of times I'd just fill a glass and let it melt and drink that. I don't consider myself a water snob or anything, I drink tap water all of the time at home. I don't know how to describe the taste, but it was kind of salty or rusty tasting. To me, water shouldn't HAVE a taste at all. I'm glad I brought bottled water, I drank them all.

To be fair though, my trip mate had no problem with the water and thought it was weird that I didn't like it. Oh well.

I drank plenty of water from my room, since I read lots of posts on here that it's perfectly safe and clean. If there really were a problem with the room water, it would be clearly marked non-potable, and I don't think they would run the risk of that. Now the toilet water, on the other hand... don't drink it :)

I never understood that, why people tell you not to drink the water from your room, but to drink it up in the Lido. Its the SAME exact thing. The water in the Lido does not get any extra purification or anything, its the same exact stuff.

So im with you, the water is perfectly fine, also in your room (with the exception of the toilet :p )

Happy Cruising!

Archived