Blackberry service

wiks

Does anyone have any feedback on Verizon Blackberry global e-mail/phone service quality on the Hong Kong to Athens cruise route?:)

I used my beloved Crackberry (saddly, not kidding, I truly love the little gadget) on a Greek Isles cruise last November and it worked terrific; however, I only used the email & texting. I did not use the phone part. It's amazing how it finds the local signal within minutes. I'm careful to shut it down completely when onboard the ship as I don't want it to pay the ship's prices for phone/data useage.

I travel to Asia a few times a year on business and pleasure. My Blackberry has worked everywhere from China, Hong Kong and Bangkok, flawlessly. Last month I was in India for 3 weeks and worked everywhere there also.

I mainly use the email, I can run my online business and answer all emails easily, as Asia is much better wired than most areas of the world. Europe has given me no problems so when they say available in 200+ countries they are serious. My main area where it is limited is in the Carribean, only in 2 ports of 10 last vacation there. Just stay away from internet as the costs are very high if you use out of USA from phone.

I never call home on my phone as $2.99 a minute is high, I use Skype where from 1.2-5.2 cents a minute is fair and anyone who wants to reach me emails me to call them, mostly family. I take my Laptop into town and most internet stores do have Wifi. To slow onboard a ship.

Archived