How Many Can I Use?

sailnsee

For my upcoming cruie I was only allowed to use one discount. :mad:

The sr. discount and balcony discounts are earned offers, the coupon is a discount and can only be used by itself....no other discounts but offers can all be combined.

I am curious about the cruise you are looking into. We currently have a cruised booked for February on the Celebrity Solstice, but are seriously thinking of cancelling and booking a RCCL cruise to save money.

We would qualify for a Senior discount, and a Platinum balcony discount, along with using any C&A coupon that is available. We also have a NextCruise, but from what I have read, we could not combine it with the C&A coupon.

Could you point out the cruise you have found, please?

Royal Caribbean appears to be tightening the number of discounts that can be combined. Just yesterday I noticed that the FAQ of the Shareholder Benefits was changed so that Stock Holder OBC can no longer be combined with other OBC's and some discounts.

Here is what was posted by "uksimonusa" as C&A's response to the combining question:

RE: Onboard Credit and Other Offers

Dear Simon:

Thank you for your e-mail. We regret any misinformation that you may have received. While some of the information you are hearing is correct, most of it is not. It has always been that membership coupons are not combinable with any other offer. It is true that Royal Caribbean International will start enforcing this rule on July 1, 2008.

In the interest of clarification, we want to provide the following information. Any special "offer" is not combinable with another "offer." However, any "offer" is combinable with any "benefit." Additionally, any "benefit" is combinable with any other "benefit." Please see the following list of offers and benefits.

"Offers" include: Onboard credit for booking onboard

Membership Coupons

"Benefits" include: Balcony and Suite Discounts for Platinum and Diamond members

Onboard Credit for Shareholders

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 800-526-9723.

This seems to conflict with the new Shareholder Benefit Policy (See #6):

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Wow, this is very recent....we booked onboard this month and get an OBC and then faxed our shareholder statement to RC when we returned home and had that OBC applied.

Did all this on the 15th.

This will turn a lot of people off to buying stock, although it should not be the main purpose of buying it.

Wow, this is very recent....we booked onboard this month and get an OBC and then faxed our shareholder statement to RC when we returned home and had that OBC applied.

Did all this on the 15th.

Yes, I just noticed it last night (another Cruise Critic member pointed it out on a different thread). Hopefully they will not take away the Shareholder OBC for people who already had notified Shareholder Benefits of an upcoming cruise - but have yet to sail - and are also receiveing another type of OBC or discount.

Archived