Earliest time off Navigator on a Monday in FLL?

sbell1

We will be arriving at Port Everglades on a Monday Jan. 12. If we do self disembark and all goes smoothly...could we make a 9:00 am flight out of FLL? We have a 2:15 booked because Jet Blue canceled our 11:30. We may try to fly stand-by on the 9:00 if at all possible. Thought it may not be as busy on a Monday as a weekend, but on the flip side there may not be as many custom officials working. We have always sailed out of Miami so not sure how quick from ship to airport in FLL. Any experiences?

Thanks

We will be arriving at Port Everglades on a Monday Jan. 12. If we do self disembark and all goes smoothly...could we make a 9:00 am flight out of FLL? We have a 2:15 booked because Jet Blue canceled our 11:30. We may try to fly stand-by on the 9:00 if at all possible. Thought it may not be as busy on a Monday as a weekend, but on the flip side there may not be as many custom officials working. We have always sailed out of Miami so not sure how quick from ship to airport in FLL. Any experiences?

Thanks

That's cutting it very close. Personally, I would not risk it.

Thanks

In all honesty, I dont think you can make 9am departure flight. That would require you being off the ship and through customs by 7:30am, grab a taxi, 15 - 20 mins to FLL Airport, so maybe arrive at FLL for 7:50am if you made super time, and then check in and give bags, and then get through TSA, it sure would be a very stressful morning, and if you didnt make it, you hustled for no reason.

You're on the same sailing as we are, and the same flight back to Dulles

I would never try to make the 9am flight.

Our plan is to use this service to handle the luggage and bum around Ft. Lauderdale doin whatever until time to hit the airport for the 2:15 flight. Hate landing at Dulles during height of rush hour - but such is life.

http://www.jetblue.com/deals/bags/

Thanks

Thanks all for the replies. I guess I was grasping at straws...hate to sit and wait at airports!

AllieInMd,

Have you used this bag check service before. That sounds like a good option. Is there a drop off at Port Everglades and what is the price.

Thanks for the info.

Nope, haven't used it before - have just read about it. JetBlue says they have it at Port Everglades - which makes sense. And I have read a couple different articles and blurbs on it. One said to check with purser - sounds like you can sign up for it at the Pursers desk onboard (said something about that on JB's website too), do your flight check-in, get boarding pass, and special tags for your bags. This would save the cost of internet for checking in for flights too.

I never want them to lose my luggage, but if they are gonna do it I'd rather it be at the end of the trip, not the beginning. Everything 'critical' I'll have with me anyway.

http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=131045&p=irol-newsArticle_Print&ID=1074983&highlight=

Thanks all for the replies. I guess I was grasping at straws...hate to sit and wait at airports!

AllieInMd,

Have you used this bag check service before. That sounds like a good option. Is there a drop off at Port Everglades and what is the price.

Thanks for the info.

Archived