Island Princess vs RCCL

mtebor

My brothers panama cruise was changed to a car. cruise without the canal. I see that the Island Princess does the canal but was wondering what would be a good comparison of this ship to a rccl ship (Brillance or a Sovereign Class)?

thanks

My brothers panama cruise was changed to a car. cruise without the canal. I see that the Island Princess does the canal but was wondering what would be a good comparison of this ship to a rccl ship (Brillance or a Sovereign Class)?

thanks

The Radiance class ships (Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel) are like the Island and Coral.

thanks

We were on the Island last summer to Alaska and then this past February we were on the Jewel of the Seas (Radiance class like Brilliance I believe) and we found the Jewel far superior. That is a personal opinion only and I am sure others will have differing ones.

The Jewel is the prettiest ship we have been on so far and we had the best cabin we have ever had on a cruise (Sun P mini suite, might be tied with it). But you can't go wrong with either. I know RCCL has changed their Panama Canal itins so not sure what class is doing the Canal at this point.

We are booked on the Jewel again in 2010 on what was going to be a PC cruise but they changed the itin. We are keeping it as we love the ship and still like the revised itin.

Archived