GCT Ms River Symphony 10/13/08 Mosel/Rhine

don_ken

don_ken,

My wife and I are hoping to take this trip either later in October or in 2009. Everything I have read about it indicates it should be outstanding...and I hope that it is for you.

We will look forward to reading your review, and getting your thoughts on the food, beds and cabins, value of optional excursions, etc.

Have a fantastic time!

Stan (Car-Stan)

I have traveled on GCT's River Symphony twice and have done the Rhine/Mosel twice also. The Symphony is a very nice ship (as are all GCT ships) but the crew and intinerary is what really makes the cruise. I especially enjoyed sitting on the sun deck as we cruised the Mosel Valley. The Rhine/Mosel trip is one of my favorites(I havebeen on 7 GCT River Cruises). Make sure you take the Riquewhir(Alation Highlights) and Marksburg Catle optional tours. These two are not to be missed. Luxembourg is also a good optional but the others could be skipped. Is you have any specific questions on the ship or itinerary let meknow.

We just returned from this trip last week. We were on the River Ravel. The trip was excellent (as was our other GCT trip to Egypt). I agree the Alsatian optional tour was the best although I thought all were very good (we did every one except Musical Trier). I would be happy to answer any specific questions. After I go through my pictures to reduce the number (I took 1100) I will be posting them. If you give me your email address, I will send you a link.

Larry

We just returned from this trip last week. We were on the River Ravel. The trip was excellent (as was our other GCT trip to Egypt). I agree the Alsatian optional tour was the best although I thought all were very good (we did every one except Musical Trier). I would be happy to answer any specific questions. After I go through my pictures to reduce the number (I took 1100) I will be posting them. If you give me your email address, I will send you a link.

Larry

Larry,

Please send me the link to your pics you can when you have had a chance to work with them.

I would also like to know about the weather you had, whether you think it makes a difference which direction you sail in, any ideas about deck and ship location for a cabin, etc., anything you did not like about the experience, and anything else you can share.

Thanks,

Stan (Car-Stan)

csepstein@mindspring.com

Stan....We did the Rhine-Mosel with GCT several years ago. A wonderful trip! We also took the Lucerne post-trip and it was a highlight! Would very highly recommend it.

Dorothy

Thanks, Dorothy. Any special things we might want to know? One question I have is whether people think it makes a difference which direction you sail in, and if fall or spring is a better time to sail.

Stan

Stan....If you are flower-lovers, I would suggest you plan your trip in the spring when Holland is blooming with tulips and other gorgeous flowers. We started our trip there and ended up with the extension in Lucerne on the recommendation of friends who had taken this trip before and it was wonderful!

Dorothy

Archived