Back from the Silver Wind

seagirl2002

My mum and myself just returned from 24 wonderful days on the Silver Wind going from London to London around the British Islands and then from London to Lisbon.

Despite the bad weather we had during the first 12 days we had a great time as usual. We met wonderful new people, enjoyed the excellent service and food on board the ship.

I will try to find the time to write a longer review soon.

But of course I am always open for questions.......

Miriam, I am glad it was a great experience for you, and I hope you take the time for a review.

It looks like you are quite familiar with the region already, so did you venture out on your own or mostly stick with the ship? Visit friends or family? Go to favorite places?

Who was the cruise director on your voyage?

Debbie,

yes we have been to some of the places before. Which was good because of the bad weather we did not go out for too long in each port.

We usually venture of on our own anyway. We hardly ever take tours. Usually we prefer to take a taxi and then discover the region on our own.

Cruise Director was a guy named David Lawton - well for myself (I know some people might think different) he was the worst cruise director we've ever had.

It was not possible to ask him something serious. Everything seemed to be funny for him. The only good thing I have to say was his voice. He is an excellent singer. But I have other favourites among the Cruise Directors.

I would have been turned off by a CD that thought everything was funny, but like, you I am sure I would have had a good time. They really need to consider how public this position is when they hire social people. I know that some of the ones not good with people have talent and also a good sense of business, but people remember who was/wasn't personable and talk about it for years to come.

We go on our own sometimes and sometimes with a group. It is great to be experienced in a region and have more option to choose to stay on board quite a bit. We love the ships. Also good to make your own way where you are familiar or it is safe.

Debbie,

yes we have been to some of the places before. Which was good because of the bad weather we did not go out for too long in each port.

We usually venture of on our own anyway. We hardly ever take tours. Usually we prefer to take a taxi and then discover the region on our own.

Cruise Director was a guy named David Lawton - well for myself (I know some people might think different) he was the worst cruise director we've ever had.

It was not possible to ask him something serious. Everything seemed to be funny for him. The only good thing I have to say was his voice. He is an excellent singer. But I have other favourites among the Cruise Directors.

Sorry you didnt care for David Lawton.....we have met him several times(he's been around for a long time) he was Senior CD on Marco Polo,Crown Oddessy and Discovery and I believe was with Holland America for a while.and of course now with Silversea.......he was always very friendly when we met him and we were hoping he might be CD when we are on the cloud next Easter.

Did you have Andrew Robley as one of your entertainers on the 'Round Britain' he is a regular with Silversea and always excellent?

Glad you had a wonderful time ..despite the weather

Chris and Sheila

Chris and Sheila,

well the biggest problem we had with David that he was never there when something with Entertainment didn't work the way it supposed to be. And if we tried to talk to him afterwards he never listened.

We had Andrew Robley, we knew him from before and we just love him. Can you imagine that a Lady told him it would be time to get off the Silversea Ships because she is tired of seeing him??? Well I told her to stay in her Suite if she doesn't like him. We love him. He is now back on the Wind at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Had the best trip with Colin Brown as cruise director. He was available to entertain and chat with guests. Always walking around the ship. Had many educational and interesting chats with a fellow Scot. His Trivial Persuit games were so much fun.;)

Had the best trip with Colin Brown as cruise director. He was available to entertain and chat with guests. Always walking around the ship. Had many educational and interesting chats with a fellow Scot. His Trivial Persuit games were so much fun.;)

Archived