Cabin 1054 Voyager

lenbro

:confused: I've reserved cabin 1054 on the Voyager. If you have stayed in this cabin or cabin 1055 which is the same but on the other side of the ship would you please answer a few quetions? ( I would have prefered the similar cabins on deck 8 but they were not available at time of booking). Do these have larger balconies than other cabins on the back of the boat? It looks as they wrap all the way to the side of the boat. How is the privacy from both the deck in the restaurant above and the cabin next door? Is the parttition between balconies a canvas partition and can your neighbor peek into your balcony if they are standing at the back railing? Can people on the deck above see much of your balcony? Do you hear alot of noise from the restaurant above? I know there has been alot of discusion about noise and vibration so I'm prepaired for it.Thank you in advance.

The balconies are larger in the aft Horizon suites (including 1055). Just want to make sure that you have read the volumes of information on Voyager vibration in the aft portion of ship. While I hesitate to bring this subject up, yet again, it is only fair to suggest that you use the "search" function to find threads on "Voyager vibration".

There is a rumor that the vibration will be fixed during dry dock in December. Doubt remains with many of us that it can be fixed.

If there is a mid-ship or slightly forward cabin available on any deck on the ship, I'd recommend it.

This post may sound negative. . . so I'll add the fact that we will be on the Voyager next week -- it is our favorite ship!:)

Thanks Travelcat2,

Your probably taking the same cruise that we booked for the same time 2009.,Istanbul to Athens. I'd love to hear back from you about the cruise, especially the ports and what Regent excursions you might have taken. Thanks for your information.

Just looked at a deck map of the Voyager. Your cabin is below La Veranda so there probably will be noise from the scraping of chairs during meal time (we have been on deck 10, under the pool area and heard the same type of noise). I'll have to look over the back of La Veranda next week to see if we can see the balconies below. Generally, you can peek at the balcony next door.

You won't have smoke wafting down -- the smoking areas are at the front of the ship.

I will be posting from the ship next week -- mostly about service and food. There will be 15+ members of CC on the cruise -- some of them will no doubt post about ports. In fact, a few of these folks will be on board starting tomorrow (taking a back to back cruise). You'll no doubt hear quite a bit about that part of the world in the coming weeks.

:confused: I've reserved cabin 1054 on the Voyager. How is the privacy from both the deck in the restaurant above and the cabin next door? Is the parttition between balconies a canvas partition and can your neighbor peek into your balcony if they are standing at the back railing? Can people on the deck above see much of your balcony?

I have never stayed in this cabin. But, I have spent plenty of time on the back deck of LaVeranda directly over it. I would answer that there is no privacy on your balcony. There may be a small portion of it right next to the sliding glass doors where no one could see you without leaning, but that would be the only place on the balcony where you might be private. Anyone at the railing above or next door to you would be able to view most of your balcony.

Archived