PB Tom? kids at PB?

splinkaone

Hi Tom, we won't be coming until Dec. of 05 but are looking at all the wonderful options in Cozumel. How is PB for kids? we'll have kids age 12,14,16,17 with us and are debating between Chakanaab and PB. They love to snorkel but we'll be doing that in Grand Cayman, so I think a great beach day might be the ticket. Any tips for PB? Thanks

There are many posts on the board about PB but let me say that my kids (11 & 14) had a great time there. For $5 they can go jump around on the water trampoline, climb the iceberg, get snorkel gear and go on kayaks.

No doubt it will be enjoyable and relaxing for you.

Chankanaab will be more expensive but we really enjoyed our day there. Have not been to Paradise, but might try it next time since we've already been to Chank. Anyway, we took a taxi to Chank for $12 and entrance was $10 per person (may have gone up to $12.....this was 1 1/2 years ago). We arrived early, around 10am, and were literally the first people there. The snorkeling was awesome, there are lay down chairs and palapas(?) so you can get out of the sun. There are no vendors on the beach bothering you (I know some people enjoy the vendors, but we don't, so for us, this was a big plus). There are some small shops with souveniers that actually had better prices than the shops near the ship..before bargaining! There's a nature trail with replica ruins..we took a lot of pictures there. There were huge iguanas walking around......more pictures. Even a little miniature golf course...I believe $2 to play. There's a restaurant/bar, and again, they will serve you, if you want and leave you alone if you want. The bathrooms were clean. We did not have any complaints about this place. And, it never did get crowded the day we were there, even though a Royal Carribean ship was also in port that day.

Read all the posts, go to all the websites, make a decision and HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!! )

We just returned from Paradise Beach. Your kids will have a blast there. It's free except for the water toys which are $5.00 pp. It is very clean, and there is an option to get a massage; $1.00 per minute; hair braiding $15.00 half a head, and $25.00 for your whole head and henna tattoos. Close by there are Seadoo rentals & parasailing. The staff is very friendly and Paradise Tom introduced himself to us. I suggest that if you're going to go shopping; visit the beach first as there is no lockers. We asked the bartender to take care of our pack, and just gave him a tip. That way we could go in the water together. You don't have to bring your snorkeling gear as they provide it. If you are unsure of your snorkel, buy one off the ship for $5.00., that's what we did. Have a wonderful time; Becky P.S. don't forget if you want to use the internet, do it at the calling station across from the pier, for $3.00 US an hour; much cheaper than on the ship. :D

We just returned from Paradise Beach. Your kids will have a blast there. It's free except for the water toys which are $5.00 pp. It is very clean, and there is an option to get a massage; $1.00 per minute; hair braiding $15.00 half a head, and $25.00 for your whole head and henna tattoos. Close by there are Seadoo rentals & parasailing. The staff is very friendly and Paradise Tom introduced himself to us. I suggest that if you're going to go shopping; visit the beach first as there is no lockers. We asked the bartender to take care of our pack, and just gave him a tip. That way we could go in the water together. You don't have to bring your snorkeling gear as they provide it. If you are unsure of your snorkel, buy one off the ship for $5.00., that's what we did. Have a wonderful time; Becky P.S. don't forget if you want to use the internet, do it at the calling station across from the pier, for $3.00 US an hour; much cheaper than on the ship. :D

Snorkel equipment for $5??? What ship were you on and what type of snorkeling equip. was it?

Thanks guys, does anyone know how far Dzul Ha is from PB? Is it on the way and can we rent snorkel gear there? Thanks again

Dzul Ha is approx. 3km from Paradise Beach (Tom, correct me if my metric is off). And yes, you can get snorkel gear there at Dzul Ha. Believe it is $8.00 rental fee.

Snorkel equipment for $5??? What ship were you on and what type of snorkeling equip. was it?
Poster was probably referring to the snorkel only, which I heard you can buy on the Carnival ships now for $5. I believe, when you rent the mask and fins (and vest?), the snorkel is yours to keep, or you can purchase just the snorkel. This way, everyone gets a new snorkel.....cuts down on germs for those worried about that.

Holy C*** ignore.gif this board is active!! I guess most everythings been answered....lemme see if I can pick up any strays......

Happy2bhere...great review, thanx very much! Glad y'all had a great time and hope to see you back again!

Solita...PB and Dzul-Ha are about 3 MILES apart, which works out to about 45.3kms, no...wait...carry the .62 and move the decimal point.....OK! It's .057km apart. Crap, that can't be righticon20.gif Let's just leave it at 3 miles apart!

Tom,

How easy would it be to get a taxi to Dzhul Ha ----then to PB ----then back to the ship??? any idea of the cost???

thanks!!!

PS - anything you might be needing from the states that we could pack for you???? we'd be more than happy to after all of the help you have been on these boards!!!

thanks, wendy :)

A taxi from your ship to Dzul Ha will be $7 for up to 4 passengers. There's a looooong line of taxis waiting at the piers. From Dzul Ha to PB there's no set fare, so expect to pay between $7-10. If there's no taxi waiting there, ask the bartender to call for one. They're two minutes away, lined up at the enarest hotel. The cab back to your pier will be $12-13. There are always taxis waiting at Paradise Beach.

Nothing is a problem in Cozumel!

wenya2J...yeah, what Sally said!

Thanx for your generous offer, but I´m trying to lose that 10lbs I gained on vacation, so Chef Boyardee and Twizzlers are on the prohibited list for now! Hasta la vista!

Sally...is the enarest hotel north or south of Fiesta Americana? ;)

Archived