Waverunner/snorkel excursion help

aries18

Hi,

I've been looking at different companies that offer waverunner/snorkel excursions and have narrowed it down to 2 companies. Ebanks watersports and Shore Trips. Has anyone used either of these companies and can give me an idea of what your experience was like? Anyone prefer one company or the other? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated! Thanks!!

We used ebanks a few summers ago they were great! Waverunners were new. The ride was especially bumpy! Think I left my ovaries somewhere in the carribean:o DH and I were on one and my 2 boys ages 16 and 14 on the other. It was the highlight of the cruise. Snorkling was just so so... Planning to go again in Nov. but want some beach time..

Hope this helps

These are the same trips. ShoreTrips is just a reseller/booking service -- the tours they offer are the ones operated by Ebanks. Same prices, they just get some of the cost as a commission. Why not book directly?

I used Ebanks last November with my 18 yo son. We had originally booked the stingray city waverunner tour but these were cancelled on the day we were there due to heavy winds/waves from the north. They took us on their snorkeling tour instead which is off seven mile beach on the other side of the island. Ebanks is the only waverunner operator that has a "fleet" of waverunners on each side of the island so if the weather on one side is too windy they can easily switch you to the other rather than just cancelling the tour.

They were great to deal with -- responded promptly to requests for information and reservation, picked me up on time near where the tenders dock, provided information about the island, friendly, etc. And the tour itself was fantastic.

There is another provider of waverunner tours on Grand Cayman; it is Action Watersports. See http://www.ciactionmarine.com/catalog.htm for their information. When I researched this last fall, Ebanks provided transportation while you had to take (and pay extra for) a taxi with Action. Action Watersports uses the yellow and black Sea Doo 1500 cc waverunners and Ebanks uses the blue and white Yamaha vx100's. On the Stingray city tours, Ebanks includes a snorkeling stop while Action makes a stop at Rum Point.

Island Marketing is a reseller for Action. In addition to ShoreTrips, Viator is also a reseller for ebanks.

Enjoy whichever one you choose!

Archived