RCL One Day Wow Sale - Oct. 2

paradise08

What offers are there for people with less than 5 cruises? An occasional C&A certificate, which since my first RCI cruise in 2002, has never once applied to any cruise I could consider taking?

Yeah, fine print gets you every time.

I guess I got lucky with C&A certificates, my last two cruises had coupons and I can see your point too that you would rather have the deposit money than RCI.

how about if you have a cruise booked already think they will give you the $100 OC applied to this sale

New bookings only ..

Any existing booking that is cancelled between September 27 and October 2, 2008 and is rebooked for the same sailing on October 2, 2008 will not be eligible to receive the offer.

I wish I knew how they can figure that out though.:eek:

I booked the WOW last October for my upcoming 2/13/09 cruise (no date restictions last year). It worked wonderfully for me as I have not sailed with RCI before and have no other access to discounts. As for the 1/2 deposit, I am a single mother of 3 and just before Christmas and after back to school, holding onto any extra money I can is a very attractive offer to me. We did end up getting and additional perk from our t/a for booking the WOW. We got 4 tickets to Radio City. Well worth it for me!

No it is not worthless. Any day I can get a reduced deposit is a good day. My hubby prefers 4-night cruises over 7-nighters, so that means $100 bucks books us a cruise along with the OBC. Besides we always book inside cabins so, therefore, its perfect for us and probably hundreds of other folks out there. Some people are so negative.

Not negative just not in their best interest. For an inside cabin it would probably work but if you have C&A platinum or diamond and like at least a balcony...the balcony /suite perk is a lot better, they used to let you use both and I think they still should, we earned the C&A discounts...I could understand disallowing the coupons.

I for one would rather pay the full deposit... that makes the sticker shock a lot less when the final payment comes due. Remember that is the time you are putting away spending money and buying excursions so it is nice to have a little more paid up front..

The C&A plat/diamond discounts are only for balconies, right?

I think I'm better off booking during the wow sale to get the OBC because we're just getting an outside stateroom with no balcony.

Yes, it is just for balconies so the wow sale may be better.

Ok so I called RCI to ask them another question about this sale just out of curiosity ...

If there is a price drop can you get the lower price and keep the reduced deposit deal and OBC? Their answer

NO price drops will not be honored with the sale and to do so will remove the deal.

Ok so I called RCI to ask them another question about this sale just out of curiosity ...

If there is a price drop can you get the lower price and keep the reduced deposit deal and OBC? Their answer

Call back and ask another agent.

We've booked several WOW sale cruises.

It stated very clearly on the bottom of our invoice that price drops WILL be honored unless they are the "for new booking only specials" that are sometimes offered after final payment.

It's a common misconception about this sale. Absolutely you are entitled to price decreases, and you get it in writing on your invoice.

Thank you, at least that is one misconception cleared up. I know you can call RCI many times and get a different answer each time.

At first, I thought you were quoting another poster, and not the RCI agent, so I edited my post at the same time you were replying to it.

I have invoices in front of me for WOW bookings I made last year, and they all have the statement on the bottom that price drops will be honored.

Unless they've changed this policy since then....

[quote name='familycruzer'][B]No, it was the agent from RCI that I qouted. I called back and got the same answer. She stated that since it states "including but not limited too" that it covers no price drops. [/B]

[B]Are your invoices from a TA or RCI?[/B][/quote]

I always book directly with RCI. Hmmm...if they aren't going to honor price drops this time around, then it definitely isn't worth it, however I can say with absolute certainty that they did last year, and wrote it on the invoice.

Good luck with your Bermuda cruise. Is it on Explorer? I'm looking at Explorer sailings for the end of August 2009 (we like sailing out of NY since airfare is so high), but we may go with Princess again because they are considerably lower in price. RCI is our preferred cruiseline, but we enjoyed Princess too. First, I'll see what else RCI is offering in August from ports we can drive to.

[B]No, its the Granduer that we are looking at from Baltimore. I used up my "next booking" but will get a couple on Explorer in January. I may just wait until then because I have watched fall Bermuda cruises for a couple of years and have seen major price drops. If they wont honor a price drop I wont even try to book during WOW. [/B]

[quote name='familycruzer']I dont think you can do Bermuda on Princess until less its for a one day stop. NCL really is the best for that island since they give you at least three days. Which is still not enough time.[/quote]

You're right - no Bermuda. I was looking at either the 9 day Caribbean or the 7 day NE/Canada. We did the latter on the Caribbean Princess this year. *Checking Grandeur now* Unfortunately, with 2 children in HS, we have to cruise during the summer, and the end of August is usually the most cost-effective.

I was going to book my next cruise 10/02. RCI cruise consultant is scheduled to call me as soon as she gets into work that morning. She said she is coming in to work early and staying late.

I will have to ask her about credit if the price drops. If they will not honor it, then I would be better off booking on the Enchantment cruise and getting the OBC credit there.

Vickie

I'm going to be booking the Mariner for next August for my hubby's surprise b-day gift, hooray!!
I am a little concerned about price drops, but I'm going to take my chances. Are there ever significant price drops for summer sail dates? I would think no.....

Also, am I correct in thinking that the reservation can be transferred to a TA and the OBC won't be lost?

Thanks!

To OP: Thanks for posting this link. We are planning to book a summer 09 first cruise on RCL and were going to wait until after Christmas to book. We are now going to use this promo since we still have to find airfare and pay for the Disney cruise that we are going on the following week. Since we are new to RCL, this is a great promo to get us to book a cruise and get obc. The reduced deposit helps too.

Archived