What Is A 45 Day Letter?

scanner219

You write a letter commenting to Carnival commenting on your previous cruise with them. You may, or may not, get a letter from CCL thanking you for your input--which includes a gift of some sort valid aboard your forthcoming Carnival cruise. It generally tells you to contact the cruise line about 45 days prior to embarkation for details...hence the name

It doesn't come 45 days before embarkation, it usually comes shortly after they receive your letter so you can "CALL WITHIN 45 DAYS OF YOUR NEXT SAILING TO RECEIVE A GIFT FROM BON VOYAGE DEPT" hence the term 45 day letter. There's no expiration date usually so you just save the letter and call them when you get close to your next sailing and give them the code # on the letter. I wrote to Carnival around May 1st and received my letter within a month of that and I still have my letter waiting until I get within 45 days of my next cruise. My 45 day letter also came with an on board credit which doesn't often happen.

Usually offers you 4 bar coupons, a bottle of wine or champagne, 4 chocolate covered strawberries or something like that.

I have received two of the letters and I call the number gave the code on the letter. They give you two choices just in case the first choice is sold out.

fruit basket

4 drink soda coupons

4 drink wine coupons

bottle of red or white wine

1 photo from the photo gallery

decorations in the room

spa coupon

robe and towel

chocolate tray

chocolate covered strawberries

there might be two or three more choice but I can not remember. I will be calling Monday as that is 45 days from my sailing on the miracle and I will see if i can write them down. I also ask about who the cruise director is so i get feedback on them. I like the fruit basket it was a small basket but filled to the brim of good stuff. Well see you later

pam

Orlando:)

I just got back from a 7 day cruise on the Glory and I don't recall ever receive the 45 day letter. Is it sent automatically? where can I find more information on it?

The letter is when you write to Carnival telling how you like/dislike the cruise. Sometimes you get a letter back sometimes a month or 2 before you receive it. It basically states that 45 days out of your next sailing date give the bon vouyage department a call with some information off the letter. the choices you choice from are in my previous post. I sent my letter to guest relations miami florida.

Pam

Archived