Any Interest In A Cruise Critic Group Cruise -Triumph 9 Day Quebec, Aug 20, 2009?

LEtue

I think this is a great itinerary and my friend and I are ready to book it.

Any interest in a Cruise Critic Group Cruise? If so, I can send an email off to see if we can get it set up.

Sailing from N.Y. would be a nice change :D

Guest Crazeecat5

Dh and I might be interested if we are still living in Pa. then. We are trying to sell our house but no luck yet. We might even have some friends and relatives interested too.

Prices are not posted on Carnival's site yet. Will be interested in seeing prices.....

Sheryl

I was only able to find pricing on a couple of websites but not on Carnival.

Here is what I found so far which will give us a idea:

Inside $1049pp

Oceanview $1249pp

Balcony $1469pp

Suites $2149pp

Group pricing should be a bit better and OBC would be helpful....

I am already booked on this cruise. I had previously booked the 4 day August 20, which was canceled for this itin. At the time I booked, there were only two wrap aft cabins left (and I got one :D). So it may be that this is booking fast??? In looking up the port of Baie-Comeau, there doesn't seem to be much there. I am hoping that Carnival puts together some good nature excursions. Here is the itin -- apologies for the rough format, but I haven't figured out how to do it "pretty" on CC:

DATE...........PORT....................................ARRIVE....DEPART

Thu....Aug20.....New York (Manhattan).............4:00pm

Fri.....Aug21......At Sea

Sat....Aug22......At Sea

Sun...Aug23......Gulf of St. Lawrence (Cruising)

Mon...Aug24......Quebec City, Canada...............6:00am....10:00pm

Tue...Aug25.......Baie-Comeau, Quebec.............Noon.........8:00pm

Wed..Aug26.......Havre St. Pierre, Quebec.........8:00am......4:00pm

Thu...Aug27.......At Sea

Fri Aug28.......At Sea

Sat Aug29.......New York (Manhattan)...........9:00am

Hi Crusie! I'm hoping there is still time to pull something together since they just annouced this itinerary and it isn't showing up in too many places - including Carnival's website :rolleyes:

Did you book direct with Carnival?

. . . Did you book direct with Carnival?

Hi Linda! I love your avatar -- what a beautiful fur baby you have. I booked with one of the TA's I use. The difference in price was dramatic compared to the price Carnival quoted to book direct with them. Admittedly though, I am not too saavy about pricing and the whole PVP thing. It always seems that the PVP's give me terrible prices. I don't know if there is some secret handshake :p I need to know to get comparable prices to those offered by the TA's. The total for two with all fees and taxes in the 9A wrap was 3640.00. I have the quote for a standard balcony at my office. I could post it tomorrow, if interested.

Hi Linda! I love your avatar -- what a beautiful fur baby you have. I booked with one of the TA's I use. The difference in price was dramatic compared to the price Carnival quoted to book direct with them. Admittedly though, I am not too saavy about pricing and the whole PVP thing. It always seems that the PVP's give me terrible prices. I don't know if there is some secret handshake :p I need to know to get comparable prices to those offered by the TA's. The total for two with all fees and taxes in the 9A wrap was 3640.00. I have the quote for a standard balcony at my office. I could post it tomorrow, if interested.

Thanks Crusie :D It looks like you have a fur baby too?

That is good news about the TA pricing. Let's hope there is enough interest to get a group going!

I was hoping to see more interest too :(

As a back up I have a TA that usually has group space and will do reduced deposits :) So I think we're going to go ahead and book a cabin for now and see what happens here later.....

There doesn't seem to be any interest :( Oh well, it was worth a try!

Not sure what we're going to do now. I got the rates and to be honest I thought they would be a bit lower.....

Guest Crazeecat5

Carnival has started to post the info. on this cruise. I can't believe no one is interested. It sounds so good.....

Sheryl

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi all,

Carnival posted the prices for this cruise. A little high but a group rate would be better. How about another date.....the June rate was a little lower.

Sheryl

I would be very interested in this cruise -- but only if it was September. I was looking forward to Carnival doing this itinerary since it was first rumored many months ago. How disappointing that it's in the summer and not fall. My sister and I would have been on this in fall of 2009, since we've done the 7 day Canada/New England 3 times and the new ports would have been terrific!

I can't do this in the summer because we take our granddaughter cruising in the summer and because she likes to snorkel and go to the Caribbean, cruising north with her is out!

I would be very interested in this cruise -- but only if it was September. I was looking forward to Carnival doing this itinerary since it was first rumored many months ago. How disappointing that it's in the summer and not fall. My sister and I would have been on this in fall of 2009, since we've done the 7 day Canada/New England 3 times and the new ports would have been terrific!

I can't do this in the summer because we take our granddaughter cruising in the summer and because she likes to snorkel and go to the Caribbean, cruising north with her is out!

I agree. I'm hoping for this itenerary in Fall 2010 .

This is the first time I have seen this thread and this is the cruise that I am very close to booking. I can't believe I haven't seen the thread prior, as I am on here every day and have been interested in it since it was announced. Maybe you should keep the thread up a bit longer before you decide there is no interest. The military rate on this is pretty good, so if the group price was similar, you may have more interest.

I have one more issue I want to explore before I make my mind up completely.

Archived