Help with a possible drop in cruise price?

wadecruiser

You are entitled to the lower price. That said, I've only once been able to take advantage of it. Once my PVP told me that if I got the lower price, I would lose my room. Another time she said that I would have to fly from a different airport. That was bogus, so I pushed the issue and asked for OBC. She said she would put in a request, and surprise, I got a new statement with a price $300 lower.

So in short, keep your eye on the price yourself. Carnival isn't going to give away anything if you don't push for it.

In theory, YES you can. Will the TA agree to the lower prices???... thats soley up to them and their policies. Never hurts to ask though !
So does the same hold true for after final payment has been made? I assume that is when OBC comes in to play? Do you go through the TA and ask if he can get you OBC or call Carnival and ask or just blow it off because TAs don't do that sort of thing?

Just trying to get my ducks in a row, so to speak.

So does the same hold true for after final payment has been made? I assume that is when OBC comes in to play? Do you go through the TA and ask if he can get you OBC or call Carnival and ask or just blow it off because TAs don't do that sort of thing?

Yes, you can ask. Some TA's just dont want to deal with price adjustments. Other are glad to do it.

Also if you are booked with a TA, Carnival will not talk to you. You must go to your TA...

You are correct that after final payment the OBC comes into play.... but also remember that if the fuel supplement has INCREASED above what your current booking is whenevr making a change, you too will be subject to those higher fees if changing the booking in any way. Sometimes a rate reduction is offset by higher fuel supplement fess than originally paying. Just do the math and see if it it works out in your favor. If you have a TA... they would have to make the adjustments to your booking as they technially own the booking and CCL will not talk to you or make adjustments w/out TA's ok to do so.

Thanks for your help. Nothing has changed from Monday (when I booked/paid) to today in regards to the fuel surcharge. The only change we can see is the price dropped on the cabin $100 between Monday morning and Thursday night.

We are excited to be able to give them this gift (both our daughter and son in law are graduating from college this year after having "gone back to school" and this cruise is a graduation gift) but would love to be able to bless them with a little spending money in the form of OBC due to this price drop.

Archived