Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I took an assigned inside. There was one of the "sideways" cabins available which apparently has more space. I think this is what they're supposed to look like:

Of course, with a gty, you may land up hitting the jackpot with an o/v or better.

Room looks really nice. when I booked there was only the option for a guarantee at $199 rate. I've been thinking about calling and picking a room.

Newbie poster and first time solo cruiser here... I grabbed a 7day western carib cruise on the Carnival Glory earlier this week for $209 ($340 w/taxes & fees) for an inside cabin, sailing on Sept 27. Its my first solo cruise and i almost passed on the deal simply because of the solo aspect of it. But for under $50/day for a week on a cruise ship, it seems like a steal of a deal. Add in a very cheap flight from Toronto - only $22 out of pocket - i just couldnt say no. Happy hunting folks, there's lots of ships to fill. ☺

Not sure if this belongs here, as the single supplement is still 200%, but these are still great prices for a solo cruiser.....

Caribbean Princess out of Fort Lauderdale:

9/25/14 eastern Caribbean 4-day single occupancy rates

398 interior / 478 oceanview / 498 balcony-all this before 400 OBC and taxes / fees 80. Over 100 cabins available as of this AM 9/21.

9/29/14 western Caribbean 5-day single occupancy rates

398 interior / 478 oceanview / 498 balcony-all this before 400 OBC and taxes / fees 86. Over 170 cabins available as of this AM 9/21.

Interestingly enough, if you book the above dates as a single 9-day cruise, the price is 1388 interior / 1836 oceanview / 2876 balcony, with zero OBC, taxes / fees 125.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Newbie poster and first time solo cruiser here... I grabbed a 7day western carib cruise on the Carnival Glory earlier this week for $209 ($340 w/taxes & fees) for an inside cabin, sailing on Sept 27. [emoji5]

So was the final price for a solo cabin $340 or was it double that? That is a heck of a deal!

Happy cruising.

Edited by georgiadrifter

Just booked on the Carnival Conquest on my first solo. $343 for 7 nights. Impossible to pass up!

Would love to know when you are sailing. I am doing this cruise on November 9th.

I booked the Conquest for October 26th and November 2nd out of Miami a few months ago.

Hey Strarrgazer, it looks like you are sailing right before me. I booked a few months ago, when there was no single supplement fee, it was $486.03 taxes and fees included.

Last week I was going to book a transatlantic cruise for myself after a very very difficult six months caring for a dying elderly family member.

I called about booking a junior suite, a lot of money but I needed a really restful recuperation for myself and figured the usual double points for paying double as a solo and the usual double points for booking a suite.

However the RC cruise expert told me I would only get 3x the points even though I was prepared to pay over $6,000!

I said forget it; this is discrimination against those traveling solo.

Last week I was going to book a transatlantic cruise for myself after a very very difficult six months caring for a dying elderly family member.

I called about booking a junior suite, a lot of money but I needed a really restful recuperation for myself and figured the usual double points for paying double as a solo and the usual double points for booking a suite.

However the RC cruise expert told me I would only get 3x the points even though I was prepared to pay over $6,000!

I said forget it; this is discrimination against those traveling solo.

RC announced a change effective January 1st of this year that solo passengers would get the second point per night as we are essentially paying "double". So my understanding of the policy is that as a solo, you get 2 points per night no matter which room category you book. The policy, as it has always been, is that if you are in a junior suite or higher you get one extra point per night per person (not a "doubling" of your points.) So as a solo you get 2 points per night and if you you are in a junior suite or above you get an additional point per night, meaning a total of 3 points per night are your max possible.

In my opinion, before January when we only got one point per night as a solo regardless of room type THAT was discrimination against solos. I think the current practice is more fair and does agree with their stated policy about junior suites and above.

Just my two cents, and yes, I have traveled solo with RCCL both before and after the change-

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

RC announced a change effective January 1st of this year that solo passengers would get the second point per night as we are essentially paying "double". So my understanding of the policy is that as a solo, you get 2 points per night no matter which room category you book. The policy, as it has always been, is that if you are in a junior suite or higher you get one extra point per night per person (not a "doubling" of your points.) So as a solo you get 2 points per night and if you you are in a junior suite or above you get an additional point per night, meaning a total of 3 points per night are your max possible.

In my opinion, before January when we only got one point per night as a solo regardless of room type THAT was discrimination against solos. I think the current practice is more fair and does agree with their stated policy about junior suites and above.

Just my two cents, and yes, I have traveled solo with RCCL both before and after the change-

Tracy

Thanks for the clarification.

But if two people were sailing in a suite RC would give 4 points (2 for each guests)

so why shouldn't the solo passenger get the 4 points?

The solo passenger is paying the same cruise fare that the two people are paying.

Edited by Aislinncursala

Thanks for the clarification.

But if two people were sailing in a suite RC would give 4 points (2 for each guests)

so why shouldn't the solo passenger get the 4 points?

The solo passenger is paying the same cruise fare that the two people are paying.

I think you do get one extra point per nite for a solo in a jr suite. Personally, I would call to double check.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

There are some fantastic prices on a 7 day Caribbean cruise on NCL out of Houston for next month and early November. The October 11 and 18 sailings are only $319 for an inside and $379 for an ocean view. Even paying double at that price is a pretty good deal.

Tracy

I've never sailed on RCcL before but I think that's awesome that they've made change in points for solo travelers. It's a very fare move they're making.

I'll be giving RCCL a try in January 2016.

Tracy

It may have gone back as far as October 2013

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone

Quick heads up that NCL currently have NO single supplement on early November sailings on NCL Getaway.

You can have an Oceanview for TOTAL 1 GUESTS $549.00 plus taxes on the 1st November sailing.

I just booked a mini suite guarantee for $1,094.94 USD inc taxes and got $200 OBC from airline TA.

I think this is a great deal and this ship will be perfect for solo travel as they have the studio lounge and singles host who organises dinners etc as well as loads of different entertainment options.:)

Hi everyone

Quick heads up that NCL currently have NO single supplement on early November sailings on NCL Getaway.

You can have an Oceanview for TOTAL 1 GUESTS $549.00 plus taxes on the 1st November sailing.

I just booked a mini suite guarantee for $1,094.94 USD inc taxes and got $200 OBC from airline TA.

I think this is a great deal and this ship will be perfect for solo travel as they have the studio lounge and singles host who organises dinners etc as well as loads of different entertainment options.:)

Got a great deal like that on Getaway last May for the Bermuda sailing. Took a regular balcony which was fantastic. It was a gty too and I landed up right near the forward elevators and the side of the ship with the fireworks, so I viewed them from my balcony. If I wasn't on so many damn cruises already I would book it. Well, let's see what the future holds for me.

Tracy

I never even considered single vs double points before since we are generally paying double. I will be sailing on RCCL next month so I'll keep my eye on the points and make sure I get 14 instead of 7.

I never even considered single vs double points before since we are generally paying double. I will be sailing on RCCL next month so I'll keep my eye on the points and make sure I get 14 instead of 7.

You may have to call C&A to get proper credit. Seems to be hit or miss

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Carnival Splendor Nov 30,2014 7 day western caribbean cruise 1.5x supp fee for their last cheap interior room (1202). Comes out to 358.50 plus tax fee and port exp. I already booked a balcony(going solo) on this cruise else would have jumped on this if I saw this first. :D

Edited by mrneil001

Just wanted to remind everyone to watch out for the "buy one get one 1/2 off" sales. This winds up being 150% rather than 200% when sailing solo. Most of the time you can't book on the websites since they will happily charge double but a smart travel agent can square you away. You pay tax/port fees for one. I have done this on a couple of lines which also gave Loyalty discounts.

Celebrity had one earlier this year, Royal has one for a few more days.

-Holly

Headed into Sydney NS on the Legend today. Yesterday met friends on the NCL Dawn when both ships were in Halifax.