Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

and what is your cabin pref?here is the diff between booking 6 weeks out and booking 2 weeks out.

the drink package IS an option and of course it is available to singles.

you were probably looking at less than 30 days out.

the only ships that offer it less than 30 days out as an option are the ones I mentioned.

But, i have booked ncl both ways...and it is cheaper for me to take last minute deals and have the option for the drink package which I do not utilize enough to make up the cost diff.

here are 2 examples both on norwegian spirit.

in late dec. I booked a feb cruise instead of waiting for last minute so i could get the drink deal.

so here are the prices.

feb 2016 solo balcony with picking midship 10th floor balcony with drink package and 4 prem dining choices.

used 2 250 cruise next vouchers paid 877

april 9th spirit 9th floor GTY booked last minute

no extras used 2 250 deposits paid 227 out of pocket and get 100 bucks room credit.

so...cost 127 after vouchers versus 877 after vouchers with drink package.

huge diff in costs

let me take a quick look for you...

but..which port is closer to you NY or Fla.?

and what are your cabin prefs?

Edited by debranator

are your prefs????

I only take balconies..do you care?

I will check ny as your best deals are going to be last minute on the breakaway.

am checking right now..

but...all the steals that were out last week have gone..more will drop by the weekend.

brb

Edited by debranator

found the getaway[nice ship by the way ] out of florida may 1st

with drink package and a 2nd option.

without taxes and fees like my above quotes were...

GTY balcony 1400

gty OV 1100

inside 934

these prices are not the best but they are for this far in advance.

There are many cruises on NCL that include the drink package. I know they recently changed the Norwegian Sky out of Miami to be free drinks for everyone. I have one booked on her for December, and right on my reservation it says in big letters, OPEN BAR. I would suggest BizzyBee work with a travel agent, either online or land-based, that specializes in cruises. They know where the bargains are. If you can travel quick, the NCL Spirit leaving this Saturday from Port Canavarel has had a price drop and still has availability. I am sailing on it. I upgraded today from an oceanview to a balcony for $77, and with that I got another perk, so I picked the Internet package along with the Ultimate Beverage Package which I had already for free. Not a bad deal for a solo! (No single supplement.)

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Pam.

as I guess you did not notice that I already posted about the spirit last week and that the price has doubled since then.

I am on that cruise also .

the drink package is not an option this close to the cruise which is why the price dropped.

I paid 599 for a solo balcony.

and it came with 100 OBC.

last week a solo inside was 389 I think with a 50 buck credit.

now the cheapest inside is 6 without it.

the spirit deals are over.

all deals start to fall on wed for last minute..not today.

Hi Debranator, I knew you had booked the April 9 cruise last minute. Because of the price you paid, which was $100 less than what I paid for an oceanview, I called my travel agency today and asked if there was anything available for me by way of an upgrade or onboard credit. She checked and said that they couldn't get me a free upgrade, but a balcony plus one extra perk would be $77 if I wanted to do that. I'll take that deal all day long!

Pam

thats excellent!

It is also great that she was able to do it after the prices went up.

But, the problem is..

a travel agent cannot find the deals I find..they can only try and make you happy after they are found.

If they could find the deals i would not have to spend untold amounts of time finding them myself.

I have tried agents and my criteria is way too limited.

there is no such thing as an agent that specializes in solos with fancy tastes in cabin and an unfancy wallet.

I guess I need to become one...one day.lol

I only take balconies...and I want a great deal.

if I spend more than 1200 including the full drinks, dining and unlimited net..i have done something wrong.

and I normally spend about 800 solo balcony all in.

when we meet on the boat I will explain the cruise next deposits to you if they still have the deal.

that is how my total cost for this cruise was 377 after the OBC.

as for the other poster...do not book anything and I will check it for you.

the deals should start dropping wed or thursday.

they always drop around then as they need to fill the boat,,,and the fact that you prefer an inside means you should be able to get a dirt cheap deal.

That sounds great, Debranator! I look forward to speaking with you. I know that not all travel agents are knowledgeable about all deals, but I feel if I had contacted Norwegian on my own, they would not have offered me this deal. The agent I spoke with yesterday even made suggestions about choosing a particular cabin, since over the phone I couldn't see what was available. But I have also gained much valuable knowledge in this forum! Now to figure out what to do in St. Thomas & Nassau, since I wasn't thrilled with NCL's offerings. But I'm sure I'll find something to do!

Pam

thats excellent!

It is also great that she was able to do it after the prices went up.

But, the problem is..

a travel agent cannot find the deals I find..they can only try and make you happy after they are found.

If they could find the deals i would not have to spend untold amounts of time finding them myself.

I have tried agents and my criteria is way too limited.

there is no such thing as an agent that specializes in solos with fancy tastes in cabin and an unfancy wallet.

I guess I need to become one...one day.lol

I only take balconies...and I want a great deal.

if I spend more than 1200 including the full drinks, dining and unlimited net..i have done something wrong.

and I normally spend about 800 solo balcony all in.

when we meet on the boat I will explain the cruise next deposits to you if they still have the deal.

that is how my total cost for this cruise was 377 after the OBC.

as for the other poster...do not book anything and I will check it for you.

the deals should start dropping wed or thursday.

they always drop around then as they need to fill the boat,,,and the fact that you prefer an inside means you should be able to get a dirt cheap deal.

My email is jam_1127@hotmail.com I would love to pick your brain what amazing deals!!! Will you be my cruise guru? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am going to try and answer about the cruise next deposits first.

CND can only be bought onboard for this deal.

I am going to shorten them to CND for this post.

it used to be [and they can change it at any time]

that you bought one CND for 250 and they gave you an instant OBC [onboard credit] of 100.

about 6 months ago...they started a promo.

if you buy 2 CND for 500 you get back a 250 OBC.

this OBC can be used for Tips and anything else.

including cigs and liquor.

along with this new promo NCL lets you use 2 CND per cabin for a limited time that they recently have been extending.

the last time I looked it was that you feet had to be onboard a boat by 4/30 2016.

They may extend this.[update..just checked extended to 8/31 2016!!!}

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

now, if you are a last minute cruiser close to a port this means that you can cruise very cheaply...especially if you want an inside as i find many deals for insides that would be fully covered by a 500 CND.

you should always have 2 of these ready if you are a last minute solo cruiser.

they will work for insides...but only work on cruises 6 days or longer.

ALSO...if you do not have your first 2 CND...do you know anyone who is cruising ncl?

they can buy it for you.

They are transferable.[tell em you will buy em a few drinks or something for their time]

Edited by debranator

just found this...

want a repositioning to spain?

NCL jade out of Houston 4/16.

16 nights.

inside 674

and yes..you can use 2 CND on this.

also found for this weekend out of NYC

7 night breakaway suite 1159

Edited by debranator

for you....although last minute you can probably still get a better deal]

ncl getaway Studio inside 4/17

with full drink plan and another extra plus 50 obc

998 before taxes.

also inside on the Escape with above extras this sat 4/9 898

Edited by debranator

no..they never let you know which is why I just had to research if it was extended.

funny thing...

for frequent solo cruisers nothing beats the CNDs and yet...no one knows about it and no one talks about it.

2 of those in an inside last minute cabin...and they about pay for the whole thing.

get a cash back deal and you are ahead without spending another dime.

you were smart to get 4..i had bought 3 at once a about 6 months ago...and now always have an odd one out.

when i search for deals with 2 of them..I know the oop costs will be negligible.

I am going to try and answer about the cruise next deposits first.

CND can only be bought onboard for this deal.

I am going to shorten them to CND for this post.

it used to be [and they can change it at any time]

that you bought one CND for 250 and they gave you an instant OBC [onboard credit] of 100.

about 6 months ago...they started a promo.

if you buy 2 CND for 500 you get back a 250 OBC.

this OBC can be used for Tips and anything else.

including cigs and liquor.

along with this new promo NCL lets you use 2 CND per cabin for a limited time that they recently have been extending.

the last time I looked it was that you feet had to be onboard a boat by 4/30 2016.

They may extend this.[update..just checked extended to 8/31 2016!!!}

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

now, if you are a last minute cruiser close to a port this means that you can cruise very cheaply...especially if you want an inside as i find many deals for insides that would be fully covered by a 500 CND.

you should always have 2 of these ready if you are a last minute solo cruiser.

they will work for insides...but only work on cruises 6 days or longer.

ALSO...if you do not have your first 2 CND...do you know anyone who is cruising ncl?

they can buy it for you.

They are transferable.[tell em you will buy em a few drinks or something for their time]

Thanks for the explanation; I wasn't aware of these feature for NCL!

I just realized today the easiest way is to just google cruise next and it pops you right on the detail page.

that is how I found it today.they also list this number to call...

but....for now it is 8/31.

what that means is your feet have to be on the boat by that day.

You are looking way too far in advance for any kind of deal.if you book now you will be paying at least twice what you could.

If money is not as issue.....then you can look. But..if it is...you will have to wait.you know your dates...pick a few cruises for those dates...and wait.