Bermuda

Deb1113

When is the best time to go to Bermuda? I've heard that the weather there is similar to N. Carolina so it's best to go in the summer. Any earlier than June and it's too cold. Is this true?

The weather is similar to N.C. since Bermuda is almost due east. It will be humid in the summer so we always go in Oct. although we went in Sept. this year. It is always very warm and the water is still quite warm.

This is a picture of Horseshoe Bay from last week and you can also see that it is less crowded at this time.:)

dc943305.jpg

The weather is similar to N.C. since Bermuda is almost due east. It will be humid in the summer so we always go in Oct. although we went in Sept. this year. It is always very warm and the water is still quite warm.

This is a picture of Horseshoe Bay from last week and you can also see that it is less crowded at this time.:)

dc943305.jpg

Heart,

Can you tell me if the taxis were still available at Horseshoe Bay last week? What about the van that takes you up the hill? Does it also take you down the hill? I'll be in Bermuda next week and may want to hop into a cab to get to Hamilton from Horseshoe Bay (time constraints).

Anyone-Do you know the approximate cost of a cab from Horseshoe to Hamilton?

Thanks,

Kim

Heart,

Can you tell me if the taxis were still available at Horseshoe Bay last week? What about the van that takes you up the hill? Does it also take you down the hill? I'll be in Bermuda next week and may want to hop into a cab to get to Hamilton from Horseshoe Bay (time constraints).

Anyone-Do you know the approximate cost of a cab from Horseshoe to Hamilton?

Thanks,

Kim

Yes, taxis and the van were available and should be there next week as well. The van will take you both ways as well. The gentleman has a brand spanking new van this year and still charges only $1.00 each way. Can only give you a gestimate on the taxi fare based on roughly 8 miles to Hamilton, probably $25.

Be careful to watch the weather. If it starts to rain while you're on the beach, the taxis and the van seem to disappear.

Yes, taxis and the van were available and should be there next week as well. The van will take you both ways as well. The gentleman has a brand spanking new van this year and still charges only $1.00 each way. Can only give you a gestimate on the taxi fare based on roughly 8 miles to Hamilton, probably $25.

Be careful to watch the weather. If it starts to rain while you're on the beach, the taxis and the van seem to disappear.

Heart-thanks for the ifo.

Kim

Carnival Pride will be running year round out of Baltimore next year. The article is listed below. If you go to Carnival Prides website and key in Baltimore you can even start making reservations.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=50863680.blog

Maybe I'm missing something but what does this have to do with Bermuda?

Yep you are right...not to Bermuda...sorry...I just wanted to let you know that Carnival was going to start going out of Baltimore, but it is true, not to Bermuda.:(

But it is good to have at least another ship choice to go out from the upper East Coast as we dont have many choices if we want to go out of Baltimore and Bayonne. The same ships are always there...Grandeur and the Explorer doing the same runs. We love to be able to drive to the ship, but we love going to Bermuda, so that does not leave us alot to choose from. It is always the Explorer for us as we really dont like going out of New York. We would even like to see RC mix it up by putting a different ship in Bayonne to Bermuda. It has been 4 years that we have been going on the Explorer and then before that was the Voyager. We were excited when they brought the Explorer in, but 4 years is an overplay. They have the ships, and they change the others around, why not change it in Bayonne to Bermuda.

We are leaving this Sat for Bermuda on the Explorer again for 5 days. The Explorer is a great ship, but it is time for a change in Bayonne. A change would be good for RC as a different ship out of that port surely would bring passengers in with the anticipation of sailing on a different ship.

Again, I apologize for the article not going to Bermuda, but I just wanted to let you all know about Baltimore and Carnival. Happy Seas.:)

Yep you are right...not to Bermuda...sorry...I just wanted to let you know that Carnival was going to start going out of Baltimore, but it is true, not to Bermuda.:(

But it is good to have at least another ship choice to go out from the upper East Coast as we dont have many choices if we want to go out of Baltimore and Bayonne. The same ships are always there...Grandeur and the Explorer doing the same runs. We love to be able to drive to the ship, but we love going to Bermuda, so that does not leave us alot to choose from. It is always the Explorer for us as we really dont like going out of New York. We would even like to see RC mix it up by putting a different ship in Bayonne to Bermuda. It has been 4 years that we have been going on the Explorer and then before that was the Voyager. We were excited when they brought the Explorer in, but 4 years is an overplay. They have the ships, and they change the others around, why not change it in Bayonne to Bermuda.

We are leaving this Sat for Bermuda on the Explorer again for 5 days. The Explorer is a great ship, but it is time for a change in Bayonne. A change would be good for RC as a different ship out of that port surely would bring passengers in with the anticipation of sailing on a different ship.

Again, I apologize for the article not going to Bermuda, but I just wanted to let you all know about Baltimore and Carnival. Happy Seas.:)

Rumor has it a Freedom Class ship may be replacing Explorer after 2009. Time will tell.

I'd love ANY ship to leave from NY year round to Bermuda & The Caribbean. I hate having to travel during limited time peaks if I choose not to fly to cruise. Gimme em all, holland america, princess, royal caribbean, carnival, etc.... YEAR ROUND PLEASE

good topic.

Would anyone else like to have a Carnival ship going either from NYC or Philly to Bermuda from April to November. Surely, they could take one of their ships from the Caribbean to do this?[/quot

I'd love ANY ship to leave from NY year round to Bermuda & The Caribbean.

Caribbean is fine all year but Bermuda is very different. It is almost due east of North Carolina so the weather is similar. If you're looking for a really warm winter getaway, Bermuda is not the place.;)

I'd just like to have more choices and different times of the year to travel to different places.

This is our third year in a row cruising to bermuda, as much as we love it I also have other Islands that are favorites. St.Maarten being one of them for their beaches.

Caribbean is fine all year but Bermuda is very different. It is almost due east of North Carolina so the weather is similar. If you're looking for a really warm winter getaway, Bermuda is not the place.;)

I'd just like to have more choices and different times of the year to travel to different places.

This is our third year in a row cruising to bermuda, as much as we love it I also have other Islands that are favorites. St.Maarten being one of them for their beaches.

Since you mentioned NY to Bermuda year round, I just thought maybe you might not realize there are not cruises there in the winter. Sorry.

Never a problem, Thanks..

I'd love to sail anywhere , anytime from NYC to a gorgous warm beach destination.

I'd just like more choices.

Bermuda will always be TOPS on our list but someplace new to experience is great as well.

Since you mentioned NY to Bermuda year round, I just thought maybe you might not realize there are not cruises there in the winter. Sorry.

Archived