Lido buffet for dinner

dizneydawn

I was wondering if you can tell what the Lido buffet will be serving for dinner in advance?

We have early dinning and I think there may be times that I do not want to leave the pool early enough to get ready for dinner, can I tell by about 4pm what will be offered for dinner at the buffet?:confused:

Thanks!

We stuggled with this for several cruises until we decided that late dining was the best option for us. The days you are at port are the hardest to get to the dining room.

We were never disappointed in the lido food. There are always things that are not your favorite and you are not going to get lobster or prime rib but you are not going to starve either. The variety is good and it is so much less pressure when you are out of time.

Besides there is always pizza and ice cream at midnight if you get hungry again!

A tip that I found helpful on this site a couple of years ago to avoid having to miss so much of the day around the pool. In the late afternoon when you need a bathroom break - go to your room and shower. Wash your hair and then go back to finish your sun time. You miss 30 minutes (depending on showering habits) and your hair dries while you are having fun and no one notices you have wet hair from a shower or the pool. Unless you get back in the pool you will have a quick turn around time getting ready for dinner and not miss much of anything. This also works if you are at a beach port - was your hair at the beach and let dry on the way back to the ship. Now of course this only works if you have a style that can dry on it's own and be styled later.

(I once had a man in Mexico aid me while shampooing my hair in the outdoor beach shower! He giggled the whole time!)

Happy Sailing!

We find sometimes that the Lido buffet will mimic the dining room dinner - they might have the same type of beef being featured in the dining room, for instance, but not the entire selection. You can check out the day's dining room offerings by visiting outside of your dining room, or checking out the menu featured on your tv in your room (both have sometimes been wrong, lol).

We've only been disappointed a few times by the offerings at Lido dinner (we stop by for a snack when we have late seating dinner).

we were just on the Miracle (Sept 14th sailing) and found that around 4pm they would be setting up the dinner buffet, even though the food was not out, the name tags were up so you could see what was for dinner.

We ate in the dining room every night (late seating), however we found that after a couple of appetizers, salad, and 3 lobster tails, we had no room for dessert. So what we did was go to the buffet around 5 pm and have dessert (warm chocolate melting cake, bitter and blanc, and creme brulet were our favs) with a nice hot cup of tea, then when we went to dinner at 8:15pm we would have already had dessert, so we could endulge in the appetizers and most nights ordered two meals, to make a surf and turf. The panko crusted shrimp with the prime rib was yummy ! ! ! ! !

Iputo and Arto were the best waiters in the room......without even ordering, as soon as hubby finished his escargot, there they were with another one......and then another one...........

Then we would make our way to the show and by 11/11:30 have the hungries again and go back to the lido for either a dessert and coffee/tea or a burger........the BLT's from room service were delicious so was the creme dessert which was just like a flan. The panini sandwiches at the deli were awesome ( pastrami and cheese on a baguette roll) and the pizza w/ caesear salad were equally as good.

I want to go back so bad..........the first night home we all ate Frosted flakes for dinner...........no one wanted to cook and no one could decide what to order out.

gotta pay this one off before we even think of another cruise ! ! ! ! ! !

dondonma

foxboro ma

Archived