Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley ?'s

sarahvch

Hi all. I am currently booked on an NCL cruise that will be stopping in Belize. I visited Ambergris Caye for two weeks earlier this year on a land trip. During that time I took a private boat to Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan. It was the best snorkeling I have ever done in my life and I booked this cruise because of the Belize stop. I am taking my 10 yo DD on this cruise and wanted her to be able to visit both Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. NCL does not offer a tour to both (even though I remember the time to get to Hol Chan from Shark Ray Alley was only about 10 mins). They do offer a trip to Shark Ray Alley but require you to be 12 yo. Please note DD is a very strong swimmer.

I want to set up a private tour of these two places. I had planned on booking Tropic Air to San Pedro and then having a private tour op pick us up there. I am having a problem finding a tour op and am getting a little nervous venturing so far from the ship alone.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good tour op?

TIA

I went back to the NCL website and looked at the description for the Shark Ray alley & ambergis caye tour. The age requirement is 12 years old. This is what it says:

Board your speedboat for a one-hour journey northeast to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and famous Shark Ray Alley. Snorkel and enjoy the crystal-clear waters and spectacular colors of Belize's Barrier Reef. Reef fish, including snappers and jacks, dart in and about graceful stingrays and the inquisitive brown nurse sharks. Afterward, you'll be transferred to the town of San Pedro for refreshments and lunch. You'll even have time for a little shopping and walking the sand streets of Belize's most famous tourist Mecca. Note: Participants must be at least 12 years of age. This tour is not recommended for non-swimmers. We recommend you bring a towel.

Archived