Best ship in the fleet

bajathree

Just one person's opinion.. but go with the bigger and newer ships. We've been on nearly a dozen different Carnival Ships. They all have their pluses & minuses.. but for my money.. the newer & bigger ships have more to offer. We just got off the Carnival Imagination last week for a short 4- day cruise. It has gone through the Evolutions of Fun refurbishment. While certainly clean and with work being done constantly while we were onboard, the ship just felt dated. The lido buffet felt cramped and we missed the supper club that the bigger ships have. Service was great, but our head waiter told us the ship was not sold out and down about 600 people... so it was great never having to wait in line. Our next cruise is the Splendor the newest & biggest out there for Carnival. We're very excited! Whatever ship you pick you'll enjoy.. but my vote again would be for something newer and bigger.

Ah, well, you see, the thread title is "best" which is just about as subjective as you can possibly get when asking for opinions.

But the content of the thread was "freshest up to date" which, imho, are two entirely different things.

OP, you can find when ships are scheduled for drydock (sometimes) at cruisedeckplans.com (the free portion). Look at the schedules for the timeframe you're interested in, see which ships sail, go to that site and click on a particular ship, then click on Ship Facts. At the bottom of that page will be the latest drydocks. It should also tell you when the ship was built. But drydock schedules aren't always revealed very far in advance.

Personally, "newest" does NOT equal "best" based on the ships I've sailed. But then, I sail to get to tropical islands, not so much for the ship experience, so my criteria could very possibly be very different than what you're looking for.

I don't care about having the latest bells and whistles and couldn't care less how old a ship is. I care about how much it costs to get me where I want to go, and how the service is. So far, the Miracle is my favorite, but I love the Fantasy class and liked Glory more than I expected, but she's too large with too many people for my tastes.

See what I mean about "best" being subjective? I think what you meant was "newest." For me, newest does not equal best.

Archived