room catagories???

bfkkbc

Ok everytime I try to search this I get a "fatal error" I know there was just a post not to long ago that explained the room catagories and I thought I had it all figured out. But now I am getting confused again (must be all of the cold medicine??:o ) I know that a 4A is inside riviera and the numbers mean the level of decks 5 main and so on but what do the letters mean again??? Thanks!!

Frances

Ok everytime I try to search this I get a "fatal error" I know there was just a post not to long ago that explained the room catagories and I thought I had it all figured out. But now I am getting confused again (must be all of the cold medicine??:o ) I know that a 4A is inside riviera and the numbers mean the level of decks 5 main and so on but what do the letters mean again??? Thanks!!

Frances

4 = inside

A = Riviera

Don't confuse room/deck numbers with category numbers. Every deck has a number assigned to it. For instance, on Carnival Spirit, Riviera Deck is Deck 1, and all room numbers on that deck begin with the number 1. But the room categories on that deck are 6's and 4's. The 4's are inside, the 6's outside. The higher category number, the better the room type. Suites, for instance, are 11 and 12. The letter after the number distinguishes, for the most part, a better room based on location, the higher letter being a room on a better position on the ship. This is just a general explanation and doesn't really explain every category, but the general idea. I hope I didn't misunderstand your question.

Frances

Try this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=849725

A 4 is a 4 is a 4

A 6 is a 6 is a 6

An 8 is an 8 is an 8

Up until now the letter just meant a higher deck. Now the letter also means , a forward cabin, an aft cabin, or a midships cabin.

But still, if the number is the same, both the cabin and the amenities are EXACTLY the same. There are a few exceptions. Cabins today are built in total, plumbed, wired, papered, painted, whatever, in a cabin factory. They are loaded on trucks and brought to the ship. Then they are craned aboard and plugged into the ships plumbing and wiring. So when the cabin is being built it can be plugged in anywhere on the ship. The exceptions are the cabins located near the bow where the ship narrows to a point and the aft areas where the ship curves and slopes. These are the only cabins actually built right in place on the ship. And they can be slightly larger or smaller to make the fit the available space. [often larger] In the old days of ship building, all cabins were built right on the ship.

Dan

Try this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=849725

A 4 is a 4 is a 4

A 6 is a 6 is a 6

An 8 is an 8 is an 8

Up until now the letter just meant a higher deck. Now the letter also means , a forward cabin, an aft cabin, or a midships cabin.

But still, if the number is the same, both the cabin and the amenities are EXACTLY the same. There are a few exceptions. Cabins today are built in total, plumbed, wired, papered, painted, whatever, in a cabin factory. They are loaded on trucks and brought to the ship. Then they are craned aboard and plugged into the ships plumbing and wiring. So when the cabin is being built it can be plugged in anywhere on the ship. The exceptions are the cabins located near the bow where the ship narrows to a point and the aft areas where the ship curves and slopes. These are the only cabins actually built right in place on the ship. And they can be slightly larger or smaller to make the fit the available space. [often larger] In the old days of ship building, all cabins were built right on the ship.

Dan

Ok well i thought that the A cabin meant inside and the B cabin meant something else and so on... and the numbers meant the floor as 4 is riviera and 5 is mainfloor and so on... Not a big deal just trying to figure things out... :)

Ok well i thought that the A cabin meant inside and the B cabin meant something else and so on... and the numbers meant the floor as 4 is riviera and 5 is mainfloor and so on... Not a big deal just trying to figure things out... :)

ok I got it!!! Finally!! I was a**backwards!!!:rolleyes: Wow Some people are just so slow to get with the program!!! (meaning me of course;) )

No relationship between category numbers and deck numbers. That used to be a function of the letters, not the numbers. But that is changing as poster earlier. Now the letters will mean location, fore, aft, midship, OR deck.

So far the cat. numbers have not changed meanings.

1 inside upper/lower

4 inside

5 porthole or French door cabin.

6 outside

7 obstructed balcony

8 balcony

9 aft wrap balcony

11 mini suite

12 suite.

It was all too easy and most of us understood it perfectly. So change was obviously required.

Dan

Archived