Where Is Dzul Ha ???

TROJO

Hey , I Will Be In Cozumel In November On The Grand. I Would Like To Snorkel At Dzul Ha Before Going To Paradise Beach. I Saw A Thread Earlier On The Site That Said Dzul Ha Is Near The Presidente Hotel On The Way To Paradise Beach. I Would Like To Confirm The Location If Possible. Thanks , Looking Forward To My First Cruise !!!!

That's correct. If you are travelling by cab, the driver will know where to take you. If you are renting a car, I suggest purchasing the best map of Cozumel at:

www.cancunmap.com

To get to Dzul Ha, take the main road south and follow the signs to the Presidente. This will entail bearing right off the main road to what we call the "old road" which runs parallel to it, just along side the ocean. When you get to a monster speed bump, you've arrived!

Enjoy!

If you are travelling by cab, the driver will know where to take you.

Indeed. We ported at Puerta Maya, and simply asked the taxi driver, "How much to Dzul Ha?"

He quoted $7, and dropped us off right at the beach (which is rocky, not sandy -- the attraction is the snorkeling, not sunbathing. Do that across the street at PalMar Beach Estate.).

While there are not ALWAYS cabs waiting at Dzul Ha, the staff can call the nearest hotel (less than 1/2 mile away) and they will send one. Takes two minutes.

Since there is no set fare between Dzul Ha and Paradise Beach, it is more or less up to the cab driver. Expect to pay between $7-10 for up to 4 passengers.

Dzul Ha and Paradise Beach, an excellent combo!

...are there cabs at Dzul Ha on a regular basis?

One man's experience: We walked out the gate of PalMar after spending time there post-snorkel at Dzul Ha, and a taxi driver flagged us down! This was during the first week of October, a 'slow' season on Cozumel.

No igunas at Dzul Ha. There is no sandy beach but rather rocks. Well, there are tiny patches of sand. Your son may see igunas along the road on the way to Dzul Ha or Paradise Beach though. Went snorkeling there yesterday morning at 7 - was the only person and it was nice. BUNCH of barracuda! Strong current though and my legs are barking today.

Was not scared...they look mean but like Newcruiser said, they don't like snacking on people. The waters are so full of fish for the barracuda to munch on...they are curious of people but only to look at not to nibble on. So please enter the waters without fear!

Archived