Different side of Paradise beach

vikeqn

Hello all ! We spent a day at Paradise beach last week.The beach and amenties were great ! We spent $5 for the toys and they were great. The down side was the food. We ate upstairs in the resturant. Jimmy Buffett was playing "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and after a few days on a ship a cheeseburger sounded heavenly. It was called Paradise Cheeseburger. It was aweful. The first one came with blood on the bun and it was raw.The second one came burned to a crisp - like a hockeypuck. I couldn't even tear the meat a part with my fingers. As the song goes " a big kosher pickle" the menu even advertised it. The had to ask the waiter for our pickles and begrudingly came back with pickle slices. We complained a second time and were ignored.

I looked for Paradise Tom but didn't see him, A lady was at the door instead. We didn't bother to complain again as I didn't want to try another burger again - the first 2 took 35 min. a piece.

It wasn't very crowded and the beach was great. I would highly recommend you do not eat there. It was just plain gross.

Perhaps the mexican food would have been ok nut I wouldn't chance it.

OK, just got done talking with the Chef and the waiter who served you (Arturo) and they remember your group from last week. They tell me that yes, the 1st burger was underdone, but certainly not bleeding and raw. You told the waiter that you were pregnant and needed the burger to be "done" more. They tell me that the 2nd burger was just that, and certainly not a hockey puck substitute. I don't know who's right...just telling you what they told me!

Pickles. Arturo says that he didn't have to make a special trip for your pickles, because your burger came with pickles the 1st time. You say that you complained about the lack of pickles, then got them, then complained a 2nd time. What was the 2nd complaint about?

You say you looked for me. Had I already met you earlier that day? I'm usually at the Pier in the AM, and get to PB around noon-1PM. I then spend time chatting to people on the beach, and then I'm in the office. If you knew I was there you should have asked for me. They all know to come and get me if any guests asks! I could have solved your problem right away. Even if I wasn't there, there is always a manager on duty that you can talk to about any concerns.

We LIKE happy customers and we LOVE solving problems on the spot, rather than hearing about them much later, when there's absolutely nothing we can do about it. Listen, I realize a lot of folks save up all year for their vacation, and that their visit to PB is a part of it. If there is a legitimate complaint about our service, I will make sure that we fix it, and that you leave happy.

Onward. You say that the 1st burger took 35 min. to serve, and the 2nd burger also took the same amount of time. Ummmm...pretty sure that didn't happen, esp. since the beach wasn't crowded, and you were sitting upstairs, just steps away from the kitchen.

You say the food was gross. Apparently your tablemates didn't complain about the quality of their meals as they consumed; 2 Burritos, Nacho Supreme, Fish Sandwich, Chicken Quesadillas, and Chips and salsa.

I truely believe that you didn't like our burger, I apologize for that, but please, ask to see a manager when you feel that the service that you're paying for is lacking. We have a great reputation and if you dig further on this board, you'll see that a vast majority of people enjoyed their food here.

If you come back to Cozumel, please come back to PB and introduce yourself...I'll make sure that your meal is perfect!

Tom, I think your reply was awesome. I know our experience at Paradise Beach was outstanding. The food was excellent, the service wonderful, and the Margaritas, the best! We had 6 each (I can't believe we drank so much, but thank goodness we weren't driving! - But they were that good!) The tortillas were so warm and tender as was the shrimp dish we had. Our kids ordered the Paradise Burger and said it was great! I know sometimes things can't always be perfect but according to Jimmy Buffett... "There's just not a sh**ty day in Paradise!" Take care and we'll see you on Dec. 26th for our second visit to PB!

Paradise Tom - I am not PG and I was alone with my husband. You have the wrong table. Yes the first burger was raw and blood was on my bun. The second was well over done. I am not going to agrue with you. I was there and that was my experience. You have a great place on the beach and we had a good time. I just can not recommend the burgers. I am sorry you feel the need to belittle my opinion. What we had was not good but your facilities were execelent. People at the table next to us ordered all Mexican food and were happy - I guess it goes with a lesson to me - in Mexico order Mexican.

This is a great lesson for everyone going anywhere where goods and/or services are offered. If you're not happy, please ask to see a manager. Give them a chance to make it right.

In your case, vikeqn, the "lady at the door" was probably Sandy. Sandy is a lovely person who would have bent over backwards to make things right, or worst case, would have found Tom to do it. Not a bad deal either way, wouldn't you say? My point is, it's not fair to complain if you haven't taken the proper steps to remedy the problem yourself.

Personally, I'll eat a burger at Paradise any day... yum! cheeburga.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Because of this board, I convinced my family to go to PB last week. We all had a terrific time. Arturo was our waiter and very helpful and attentive. We tried the nachos and some tacos and they were great! The only bad thing I can say is that the day went by too fast and we had to leave.

Archived