Crown--- Time to Check in Before Departure

legaljen1969

We have an Eastern Caribbean itinerary booked in January 2009. I see that the departure on embarkation day is 5:00 p.m. How long before departure are you required to be checked in? I am trying to plan my flights. Ordinarily I will fly in the night before, but I think prices in Fort Lauderdal are a little on the high side pricewise. I know, price is relative to people. But I just don't see spending upwards of $200 for place to lay my head (that isn't a flea bag motel). I can think of oher things on the cruise I would like to spend that on. I see that there are upcharges on lots of cruise things anyhow, so I would rather have that $200 for coffees or something else... maybe of the bar persuasion.

I mean, we can fly in the day before, but I want to know how much time I have to play with.

$200 is a rather cheap price to pay for to get piece of mind- I guess depending on where you are traveling from--We are from PA and chances of snow storms makes tha 200. a cheap Insurance price.

Flying in the same day-- make sure there will be no delays, no cancellations, mechancial failures etc.

We take the last flight out fir the night arriving in FLL about midnight since SO gotta work that day

You MUST be onboard by 3pm.

(check flghts into MIA too-- its only a 45 minute drive)

$200 is a rather cheap price to pay for to get piece of mind- I guess depending on where you are traveling from--We are from PA and chances of snow storms makes tha 200. a cheap Insurance price.

Flying in the same day-- make sure there will be no delays, no cancellations, mechancial failures etc.

We take the last flight out fir the night arriving in FLL about midnight since SO gotta work that day

You MUST be onboard by 3pm.

(check flghts into MIA too-- its only a 45 minute drive)

Some people might think I am nuts to even fly, but we would only be flying from Savannah GA down to Fort Lauderdale. I would not be that concerned about driving down (we could split that drive up) but both of us have to be at work the next day after we arrive back and the drive would be so tiring. That's the only reason we are considering flying down.

Check your itinerary on the cruise personalizer. It will tell you what time you can check in. Ours says:

CHECK IN FM 1:00PM-4:00PM

ARRIVE AFTER 2:00PM

FOR A FASTER CHECK IN

for a 5 p.m. departure in FLL.

Thanks Mary. We are still in the "prebooking stage" or at least our "benefactor" (my mother) hasn't put down the final payment (which is due soon) so we don't have access yet to the "cruise personalizer".

Thanks Mary. We are still in the "prebooking stage" or at least our "benefactor" (my mother) hasn't put down the final payment (which is due soon) so we don't have access yet to the "cruise personalizer".

If you have a booking number (and if you have made the deposit, you should have a booking number), you should be able to get to the cruise personalizer.

I bet it's going to be 4 p.m. though for your departure, as well.

We'll be on the Crown in 5 weeks so I can't until then but I will tell you that I wouldn't chance flying in the same day from anywhere w/ what state the airlines are in. Our flights (Delta)have already been changed twice and the climate is just too unpredictablee. Getting there a day in advance is worth the extra cost of a hotel . I do agree that the hotel prices in FLL have gone through the roof so definitely shop around.

Archived