Post-it: Encouraging Words....

Salsa Dancer

I've read many posts and realized today that most of us love a good motivating quotation. It really is inspiring and often we jot them down and stick them in a place like on the refrigerator or bathroom mirror; so that we can re-read them and help ourselves stay encouraged and focussed. I've loved good or funny quotations for years, and even have a little notebook to jot them into. When I hear a funny line on a movie, or an inspiring statement, I try to remember it and jot it down. With that said, I thought that I'd start a thread of good quotes. I won't always be able to recall the originator, but will try. One of the ladies on our "Need a buddy..." thread posted one that I really liked a lot, so I'll give it honor as the first quote on this thread...

"Nothing beats a failure but a try." Posted by "Mommy4Life"

"A man doesn't drown by falling into the water. He drowns by staying there." source? posted by me, Salsa Dancer (Dar)

I'll be on the lookout for more. Please feel free to add your own. They really do help in those weak moments.

"I bought a refrigerator that said 'oink' every time you opened the door. It made me hungry for pork chops."--Marie Mott

"My wife is a light eater. As soon as its light, she starts to eat."--Henny Youngman

"She looked as if she had been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say 'when.'"--P.G. Wodehouse

"Obesity is really widespread."--Joseph O. Kearn

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for 4. Unless there are 3 other people joining me."--Orson Welles

"When I buy cookies, I eat just 4, then throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful though because that Raid doesn't really taste that bad."--Janette Barber

"You know its time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves."--?

"I think I just ate my willpower."--?

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for they are sticking to their diets."--?

Good one, Odoyal. :)

"You don't realize how strong a person is, until you see them at their weakest moment."--author unknown

"A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me. I'm afraid of widths."--Steven Wright

"Determination is stubbornness put to good use." --Me

A movie quote that made me laugh out loud....

"I'm just one good stomach flu away from reaching my goal weight."--from the Devil Wears Prada

:D I can so relate to this one. Last year, before our first cruise, I dreamed and wished to lose a lot of weight but kept putting it off and putting it off until the cruise date was a couple of weeks away; THEN I got this nasty virus and was so sick. It knocked me flat with exhaustion and totally removed my appetite. I lost 11 pounds in just a few days. I fought through it the day before the flight to Miami just to pack my bags, would rest, then start packing more, then rest, etc. STILL, with all of that hacking and coughing and exhaustion and starvation, I remember putting on my sage green khakis and my new black tunic t-shirt for the flight and thinking, "Ahhhhh. This is great." Isn't that pathetic? I bet I'm not the only chunky woman whose ever thought that. ;)

"When you feel you cannot continue in your position for another minute, and all that is in human power has been done, that is the moment when the enemy is most exhausted, and when one step forward will give you the fruits of the struggle you have borne."--Winston Churchill

Inspired by Billy Murray's character, Bob Wiley....

"Baby Steps to Losing 50 lbs......Baby Steps to Losing 50 lbs....."

Archived