Only one OBC in "penalty" phase????

OntarioTraveller

I just got off the phone from Nadia, my PVP, from Carnival.

The price of our November 4-day cruise had dropped so she was letting my know that I was getting the OBC for the difference that I had requested (just $10 per person for the 4 of us but at least something!).

She wanted to let me know that since we were in the "penalty phase" (cruise fully paid) we were only intitled to ONE OBC so if the price dropped again we couldn't get more OBC. Is that true??? Has anyone encountered this?

When I protested, she said if there be another drop in price I could speak to a supervisor but I wasn't likely to get it.

Try another PVP. I have gotten OBC three times since I made final payment on our 10/9 cruise. I don't use a specific PVP, just whomever answers the call. He/she did leave me on hold for a few minutes to speak to a supervisor, but they gave me OBC all three times. My experience with the Carnival Call Center is that if you don't like the answer you get, hang up and call back. The answer will more than likely change.

Thanks all of you, if the price drops again I will certainly try.

I have called before and when I say I have a cruise booked they always connect me to the same PVP that I booked with. How do you get a different person?

Try calling late at night. Let them know you need to speak with someone right then because the price could easily go back up before your PVP can respond.

True that they have to speak to a supervisor. NOT true that you won't get it. I got two susptancial OBC on our last cruise and it was within the penalty phase...:rolleyes: Now, I did notice that it was non-refundable OBC.....so just be sure to use it for DODs, excursions, DODs, pictures, DODs......you get the drift.......:D

Can any of you advise if you had to pay the increased fuel supplement when you got the 'post-final payment' OBC? My cruise price has dropped by $20 but I was told I would be charged the increased fuel supplement (I paid $7 and it is now $9) so the final OBC would only be $2 - not really worth it?

And I also heard mention of only one OBC? What gives?

I too try to call later at night or on the weekends. I have rarely spoken to the same person over and over. BUT I agree that you should be able to get any additional OBC's. So far there aren't any policies against it and with our cruise booked for next month we have gotten 3 for a total of $450. Always give it try!!! Never hurts to ask! :)

Thanks all of you, if the price drops again I will certainly try.

I have called before and when I say I have a cruise booked they always connect me to the same PVP that I booked with. How do you get a different person?

Just call the 1-888-CARNIVAL number... press the #2 button for "got a cruise booked and want to change" or whatever... and speak to whoever comes on.

No need to mention your PVP... I never do.

Can any of you advise if you had to pay the increased fuel supplement when you got the 'post-final payment' OBC? My cruise price has dropped by $20 but I was told I would be charged the increased fuel supplement (I paid $7 and it is now $9) so the final OBC would only be $2 - not really worth it?

And I also heard mention of only one OBC? What gives?

Yes, you do have to pay the current fuel supplement...I booked when f/s was $5 and seen a price drop last week..I was charged the $9 f/s...even with the additional increase in f/s I still got $133 OBC...

Yes, you do have to pay the current fuel supplement...I booked when f/s was $5 and seen a price drop last week..I was charged the $9 f/s...even with the additional increase in f/s I still got $133 OBC...

And I didn't have to pay it. I booked when it was $7 per day, and saw the price went to $50 pp, so I emailed my TA, figuring I'd get $40 of the $50 since I'd now have to pay the $9 per day fuel surcharge. Nope, I got the full $50, and fuel surcharge stayed at $7 per day.

I think it's one of those things where it just depends who you talk to.

Just call the 1-888-CARNIVAL number... press the #2 button for "got a cruise booked and want to change" or whatever... and speak to whoever comes on.

No need to mention your PVP... I never do.

Typically the procedure is if you booked with a PVP and you call during normal business hours they will attempt to connect you with your PVP, especially if you are making a change or adjustment to your booking.

I just got off the phone from XXXXX, my PVP, from Carnival.

Keep trying, as everyone has said. And just to let you know, we aren't allowed to mention names of any travel agents or agencies, including PVPs.

Good luck w/the OBCs.:)

I just got off the phone from Nadia, my PVP, from Carnival.

The price of our November 4-day cruise had dropped so she was letting my know that I was getting the OBC for the difference that I had requested (just $10 per person for the 4 of us but at least something!).

She wanted to let me know that since we were in the "penalty phase" (cruise fully paid) we were only intitled to ONE OBC so if the price dropped again we couldn't get more OBC. Is that true??? Has anyone encountered this?

When I protested, she said if there be another drop in price I could speak to a supervisor but I wasn't likely to get it.

Same thing happened to us for our Oct 16th Destiny cruise. We were told that this OBC would be the last we could get, so I took it. I get the Military rate and noticed the price had dropped again so I figured I would try. My PVP told me that I couldn't get another OBC. She also told me that it was a good thing I took the OBC when I did because the military rate was no longer being offered on this cruise and that if I had waited and wanted an upgrade instead of an OBC, at this time, I would have to pay the higher, non military rate to get the upgrade and that since the military rate wasn't being offered anymore there really wouldn't be an OBC. Phewwww, sure am glad I decided to take the OBC when I did. The $85 OBC will pay for our tips and get us one DOTD.:D

Archived