Review of Pac.Sun N833 20th Sept...40th B'day cruise

chelle40

ok we got up very excited to see that we had docked in vanuatu, had some breakfast and got ready to meet at the designated spot for our tour of the Ekasup village. Getting off the ship there was a photo opportunity with some young guys dressed up in their traditional gear which was great and then we lined up to jump on the bus to go to the village ..This tour was amazing and everything and more than we were expecting...Our tour guide was great and very funny and this tour was fascinating and interesting and always had our attention right from when the warriors rushed at us when we first got there ...to when the HUGE but harmless spider climbed up our guides arm ...and then tasting the local nuts and fruit and finally a dance and music performance to finish off out couple of hours in this wonderful village..I recommend this tour to everyone and if I get the chance to go back to Vanuatu I would definately do it again I think. To learn some of the culture and see the way of life and some of the customs was great and as my children are Aboriginal it was interesting for me to see another native culture and how they lived.

Instead of going back to the ship we got our bus driver to drop us off in town where we were to meet Lisa for lunch and start our afternoon of shopping...we didnt end up finding Lisa which is pretty amazing seeing that there is only 1 shopping street in Vila ...but we had some lunch at an outdoor cafe, shared our chips with some local kids and headed off to do some serious shopping, mostly at Feng Kwei( I think thats how to spell it). We ran into Dan here and while he bout his gallon of rum penne and I were in handbag heaven and ended up walking out barely being able to carry all our purchases. we also got our alcohol here as it was cheaper than on the ship for us.They also have it taken to the ship for you and it is delivered to your cabin the night before you disembark.

Anyways we decided we wanted to go back to ship where the markets were all set up to do a little more shopping before getting back on board so we headed back to where the taxis were and this one guy who had been asking us all afternoon if we needed a taxi and finally we said yes :)

Best choice we ever made because we got into the best pimped out taxi in vanuatu...our drivers name was Ken and his taxi was Bob Marley heaven and was simply fantastic..we rolled down the windows and Ken pumped up the music and we were off...loves it!!! ken also pulled over on our way back to the ship so that we could take some shots looking back down over the water it was very nice then he dropped us off at the wharf, gave us his number and told us to call him whenever we were next in Vanuatu...we love you ken :)

Did some more shopping at the markets and then went aboard and headed up to the pool deck to get a good spot for sailaway...the military band was playing reggae music on the wharf, everyone was waving and cheering and saying goodbye and the singer in the band yelled out Aussie Aussie Aussie which was met with a roar from the ships decks OI OI OI....It was so much fun and then it was time to get ready for the big island night party after dinner.

We all donned our island dresses, leis and flowers and headed off to dinner. carmen and Loree had these fantastic glasses in the shape of cocktails and as soon as Big Al and Tutuk came to the table we gave them both the glasses and they wore them all night...another great atmosphere at table 31...with dinner over we headed to the pool deck grabbed some drinks and began the best party night on the ship, The sun entertainers were dancing up a storm and everyone joined in. There were games and dances to learn and new friends to be made. Unfortunately Penne had hurt her back and was in bed resting so she missed out but the rest of us had the best time ever..Trent carved up the dancefloor once again and we all just had so much fun, lisa and I bumped into Andrew and Mark our ballroom partners and joined them for a few dances then we headed off to bed totally exhausted. Today was by far the best day and night that we had had, everyone just loved Vila and no one wanted to leave!!

Love the slippers, glasses, bob marley taxi and the boys on the wharf in Vila. They're certainly wearing more than what they were when we were last there. I believe they had a few complaints from some of the oldies about what their loin cloths where NOT covering.

Love the review.

Kerri

I think they got them at a crazy clarks/sams warehouse kinda shop

Will have to keep my out for those. If anyone else happens to see them anywhere can you please post on here to let us all know??

Great review so far...am loving the sound of Ken's taxi.Can I have his number.We'll be in Vila early December & would love to use his taxi for the day as we are planning to go to the Cascades Waterfall in the morning & then off for some shopping in town. Did he ask for much money? I've heard on here that some drivers can get quite greedy.

Great review so far...am loving the sound of Ken's taxi.Can I have his number.We'll be in Vila early December & would love to use his taxi for the day as we are planning to go to the Cascades Waterfall in the morning & then off for some shopping in town. Did he ask for much money? I've heard on here that some drivers can get quite greedy.

i do have his number somewhere I am trying to find it...he charges us $15 from town to the ship which is what just about everyone was paying

thursday...

We woke up this morning to quite rough seas and found that walking around on the upper decks was quite hard if you were trying to go in a straight line...Lisa ended up getting sick after breakfast and had to go down and get the needle. Again I swear by the Avomine tablets that I was taking because I didnt get sick once.

I tried to go down to the last ballroom dancing lesson but when I got there only about 10 people had turned up and I dont think I could have managed it anyways as you could really feel the movement bad in the Atlantis lounge..penne and I did some more shopping and tried on some gorgeous perfume and then just wandered around got our bingo tickets and then headed off to lunch..and then down to the cabin for another nanna nap...hang on I have visitors so will continue later

ok..

i decided to head off to the salon and have a haircut this arvo while penne and Lisa continued to rest up and watch a movie...the girls in the salon were great and it was very easy to have a conversation and a few laughs whilst sitting there being pampered. I was very pleased with my cut and went back and got penne and we headed up and sat around with a cool drink and watched the ocean for a while....then it was time for bingo!! again alot of fun but no winners for us so we decided to go and get ready for dinner and another fantastic show in the Atlantis lounge..this one was a tribute of songs from movies and again we absolutely loved it and cant praise the sun entertainers enough..

Then off to see Big Al and Tutuk for another yummy dinner, chatter and laughs..a few chocolate mudslides and then off to see champagne waterfall and begin another big night on the dancefloor...oh and we did that in fine form after jumping into our fav lift grabbing some flat shoes and then back up where we met up with our new friends and became dancing queens again... a few more mudslides and this turned out to be yet again another really late night for us and we once again tried to whisper into our cabin and not wake lisa but when we broke into "them apple bottom jeans boots with the fur" Lisa awoke to our performance, gave us a clap and then propmptly told us to shutup...we climbed into bed giggling and must have crashed out as soon as we hit our pillows...god i Love this cruise :)

Archived