minisuites (suites or not?)

michaelL

Do the minisuites get the amenities like the suites? Such as shampoo bottles or anything else? What are the considered. Wee booked a pair since the balconies adjoin for 2 adults and 3 kids (13,11,4) I was wondering if this is a better option than booking a full suite and a rollaway for the 4 yr old.

we are 1st time cruisers on 7/25 greek isle on the grand princess.

Advice please

All staterooms are supplied with small minatures of shampoo and conditioners,etc. but mini suites ARE NOT considered suites and do not come with any of the regular suite ammenities. Sorry! If you are looking for things like free laundry and dry cleaning, free internet access (if you aren't a platinum member yet), priority tender passes and things in that area then you should change to a full suite. You will find the full list of suite perks on this site: [url="http://home.comcast.net/~w.coleman43/perks.html"]http://home.comcast.net/~w.coleman43/perks.html[/url] But they are for full suites only which does not include mini suites. Best of luck on your decision.

Also - except for a family suite, you may run into problems putting 5 into a full suite. Most suites hold 3, a few hold 4. I believe the most minisuites will hold is 4.

You may be better off with 2 cabins and 2 bathrooms.

[quote name='GloriaF']Doesn't a full suite offer 2 bathrooms?[/QUOTE]

A full suite (not sure of Grand Suite but the PH, PS, VS) has 2 rooms for a bathroom - one has a sink and toilet and the other a shower and bathtub.

[b]By the way,The PS suite on the Sapphire that I was upgraded to did not have two bathrooms. Everything was in one room. I think with kid you would be better off with two cabins and 2 bathrooms.[/b]

[b]Marilyn[/b]

[b]When I was in a PS on the Diamond we had two separate rooms for the bathroom. One room held the hot tub/bathtub and a separate, large glass enclosed shower. The other room held the toilet and sink. I thought the Diamond and Sapphire were exactly alike. Did not have two toilets but did have two separate rooms with wooden slider in between.[/b].

[quote name='lyndabaker'][b]When I was in a PS on the Diamond we had two separate rooms for the bathroom. One room held the hot tub/bathtub and a separate, large glass enclosed shower. The other room held the toilet and sink. I thought the Diamond and Sapphire were exactly alike. Did not have two toilets but did have two separate rooms with wooden slider in between.[/b].[/QUOTE]

Lynda - I believe the front suites are designed a little different. You probably had an aft suite.

[color=red]i just booked a mini-suite this week for our dec '05 cruise to the western caribbean out of galveston. i was offered the opportunity to upgrade to a vs for "only" $1800. why would i upgrade for that much coin just so that i could have "free" laundry & "free" amenities? i'll hang onto my little mini & buy a few extra foo-foo drinks with that moola!:p [/color]

We loved the minisuites. I agree with the other posters that two cabins would be better than one. I didn't think princess allowed more than the advertised amount of people in a cabin eg: no more than 2, 3, or 4 depending on the cabin. Does someone else know if you can add a fourth to a cabin if it only is slated to have three passengers?

Take it from me, you'll have a much better time with the kids in their own cabin. [b]Been there, done that.[/b] We had friends that didn't get their kids a cabin, they really regretted it. As mentioned above, having the 2nd bath room is almost worth the cost alone! Otherwise, you'll spend a lot of the cruise just waiting. Plus, keep in mind that these bath rooms are smaller than hotel ones. If the small one must sleep with you, the couch in the mini-suite is great for that.
-Dave

We were just in D406, AA mini on the 10/10/04 Golden cruise. I miss it!!!
ps. we got the kids a room with a balcony, but they would be just fine with a cheaper [i][b]inside[/b][/i], just across from you.:D

[quote name='aggieastrosfan']Sounds like the OP did book 2 of the mini-suites??:confused:[/QUOTE]
yes we did d510/514 on the grand. Just trying to see if it was the best choice for the money for all those "in the know" sounds likee the 2 baths are the way to go.

Archived